Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

bah i could care less about classic at this point how many years into vellious....bring in the custom content...even if it was just warders or custom fashion quest items...we need to step away from "classic" and move onto expanding...i want to see 9000 people on this server! LETS GET IT *calms down*
Old 08-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

My personal coveted item in classic was the hyacinth macaw pet. Stupid rare drop off bloodsail pirates. Never saw one drop.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you never play WoW in 2004 or private servers since? Quest areas are going to be over populated and highly competitive even with layering. Robthe would have a field day with autofire.

Quit trolling the same repetitive garbage for 16 hours a day.
Played from closed beta until I was bored and quit 2 months after release. There will be an infinite number of mobs to level with. They will have multiple instances of every area running so there will be no constraints.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No neckbeards ruining the experience for everyone else you say? I’m intrigued.

What will the neckbeards that inevitably go to WoW Classic be focusing on? Are there certain quests or open world mobs they camp for pixels they can corner the market on? Or will they all be rushing up to level 60 to raid instances together or PvP?

Is there some Manastone or Guise type camp, quest or instance that nerds will be rushing to before it gets removed early on?
Couple world dragons and MC keys I think
Old 08-22-2019, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Ever since Daldaen entered the thread it isn't fun anymore.... just like EQ after his bug reports.

Thanks dick <3
Old 08-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Banned

The amount of disinformation in this thread about what Classic WoW will be is pretty comical.

Day 1 server / NA first racer here through the end of TBC. I have played on the bigger private servers as well. Was in my guild's first full naxx clear before BC came out.

Classic WoW will be a forced META. If you do anything outside of the exact "proper" way of doing things, you'll be instantly removed and will find yourself with nothing to do at 60 as the rest of the server blows through content they've been practicing for for years on private servers.

The ONLY playable-at-60 specs are as follows:

Druid - Resto
Hunter - Marks (hunters are garbage tier damage and brought basically for tranq shot)
Mage - Frost initially then swapping to Fire w/ better gear for rolling ignites
Paladin - Holy
Priest - Holy (small exception suuuuuper late into naxx, some guilds might run shadow priests for loatheb)
Rogue - Combat (swords)
Shaman - Resto
Warlock - DS / Ruin (literally spam shadowbolt)
Warrior - prot (the select few neckbeards that get funneled gear will go fury for top-tier damage horde side w/ WF totem)

If you are not one of these specs with the 100% most optimized talent choices, you will be shunned. These people know the entire game by heart and will not take kindly to casual scum that aren't perfectly optimized playing their class to its maximum potential.

That's it. If you want to tank, you better play a warrior. If you want to do relevant damage, you better be playing a lock / mage / rogue (+warrior if your neckbeard has cheeto dust sprinkled all through it).

Lastly (and most importantly for anyone thinking about raiding), you will be expected to show up to raids with every single consumable relevant to your class. That means farming for 20+ hours / week for either the cash or materials for things like flasks, weapon oils, HP pots, mana pots, resist pots, stat/armor elixirs, winterspring jujus, un'goro buffs, tubers, dark/demonic runes, etc etc etc. You will be competing against hundreds, if not thousands of other raiders to farm enough of these to carry you through a 3-4 night / week raid schedule. Consumable requirements only increase the further you progress. Never got to naxx on live because you sucked and couldn't put the time in? Its going to be the exact same fucking thing this time around.

Now let's take a look at PvP.

Taking into consideration all I've said about the PvE side....let me tell you how big the gap in PvP power is between those that are bleeding edge raiders and those that are not. Raid gear is incredibly strong in PvP...so if you aren't out there slaying the top bosses every week....you're going to get absolutely destroyed by those people that are. It won't even be close. You better be raiding AND have gnomish engineering as a profession because everyone and their grandma is going to be using things like rocket boots, rocket cap, MC cap, bombs, etc. Oh, and they're gonna be blowing consumables in BGs too.

Welcome to classic WoW.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The amount of disinformation in this thread about what Classic WoW will be is pretty comical.

Day 1 server / NA first racer here through the end of TBC. I have played on the bigger private servers as well. Was in my guild's first full naxx clear before BC came out.

Classic WoW will be a forced META. If you do anything outside of the exact "proper" way of doing things, you'll be instantly removed and will find yourself with nothing to do at 60 as the rest of the server blows through content they've been practicing for for years on private servers.

The ONLY playable-at-60 specs are as follows:

Druid - Resto
Hunter - Marks (hunters are garbage tier damage and brought basically for tranq shot)
Mage - Frost initially then swapping to Fire w/ better gear for rolling ignites
Paladin - Holy
Priest - Holy (small exception suuuuuper late into naxx, some guilds might run shadow priests for loatheb)
Rogue - Combat (swords)
Shaman - Resto
Warlock - DS / Ruin (literally spam shadowbolt)
Warrior - prot (the select few neckbeards that get funneled gear will go fury for top-tier damage horde side w/ WF totem)

If you are not one of these specs with the 100% most optimized talent choices, you will be shunned. These people know the entire game by heart and will not take kindly to casual scum that aren't perfectly optimized playing their class to its maximum potential.

That's it. If you want to tank, you better play a warrior. If you want to do relevant damage, you better be playing a lock / mage / rogue (+warrior if your neckbeard has cheeto dust sprinkled all through it).

Lastly (and most importantly for anyone thinking about raiding), you will be expected to show up to raids with every single consumable relevant to your class. That means farming for 20+ hours / week for either the cash or materials for things like flasks, weapon oils, HP pots, mana pots, resist pots, stat/armor elixirs, winterspring jujus, un'goro buffs, tubers, dark/demonic runes, etc etc etc. You will be competing against hundreds, if not thousands of other raiders to farm enough of these to carry you through a 3-4 night / week raid schedule. Consumable requirements only increase the further you progress. Never got to naxx on live because you sucked and couldn't put the time in? Its going to be the exact same fucking thing this time around.

Now let's take a look at PvP.

Taking into consideration all I've said about the PvE side....let me tell you how big the gap in PvP power is between those that are bleeding edge raiders and those that are not. Raid gear is incredibly strong in PvP...so if you aren't out there slaying the top bosses every week....you're going to get absolutely destroyed by those people that are. It won't even be close. You better be raiding AND have gnomish engineering as a profession because everyone and their grandma is going to be using things like rocket boots, rocket cap, MC cap, bombs, etc. Oh, and they're gonna be blowing consumables in BGs too.

Welcome to classic WoW.
Fucking nerds. Jesus Christ.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

BTW stop being lazy and leash the dragons to a reasonable amount of locs. Let them be positioned a bit. This static root blows (and I can’t be the only one to think this, and it can’t be restricted only to Aftermath members, I mean c’mon now), but I do enjoy the crawl, the aggro mechanics of the guards and it’s fun seeing other guilds running around ToV too.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fucking nerds. Jesus Christ.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

I will be playing Classic WoW in a semi-hardcore PVP guild. I've been pretty casual on P99 the last half-year or so but my prediction is this:

Project1999 will be crippled with Green99 + Classic WoW launching within a few months of each other. 750 people online as I type this - I imagine that drops a few hundred as the P99 player-base spreads across WoW, Green, Blue, and many years of Velious with no major content on the horizon or even announced. I do not think Green will bring in old players as much as it will just divide up the current ones.