Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:37 PM
Aviak

Just a server split -- complete with Test of Tactics tournaments between the top teams of both servers facing off. Catch up on those pvp gm events and spread the top heavy population around more.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would want just more of what makes this era of the game great and maybe to incentivize better use of existing zones. As I am also wary of adding made up items to the game I think new content could drop loot that exists (maybe renamed for lore purposes), loot that was previously removed from the game (ton po's stick, scimitar of the mistwakler, rod of annihilation, etc), items that primarily are for fashion or convenience (illusion clicks, gate/port clickies, sow version of jboots), or maybe natural counterparts to existing loot that have only minor differences from existing items (maybe a cloak of ice swapping CR for FR or a ring of lightning for wis casters that replaces int with wis).

Mt goals would line up with alot of the suggestions already with things like:

- ring like quest that culminates with raid event for other velious factions
- mini-bosses or 2nd boss in skyshrine (like Kael has statue+KT) with quest lines that incentivize being on Kael/Tormax faction to break the default position of everyone being on SS/coldain
- A quest/raid that brings back the warders to re-imprisson Kerafyrm
- Velious style city leader raid encounters in old world/kunark cities
- move or add chase mid-tier items to less explored dungeons (think some sebilis type items in Chardok)
- tweak zone xp modifiers to encourage use of ignored content (droga, nurga, kedge, basically every zone in velious)
- Bristlebane raid encounter in throneroom in PoM
Gød choice here, but Im not a big fan of these city leader and bristlebane raids. Doesnt look good rp/lore wise. If there were racial guilds I could see it work. Its like killing the dain while ur wearing ring 9, its stupid. Velious is on to something but the fantasy gets busted.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id also like to see a new zone that connects the Oasis to South Karana... but lets make it level 55+ and extremely dangerous to walk through, like if you are not capable of killing a bunch of level 55 mobs then you are not going to be able to make it through this canyon/dungeon... make it like a long ass level 55+ Crushbone but with the desert orcs! with quests to rescue slaves! Maybe tie it into splitpaw, like they are either alllies or enemies!

Maybe make it as difficult as hate or fear or something.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean like LDoN's Rujarkian Hills and Everquest 2's Desert Of Flames zone Clefts Of Rujark?

I mean if it's an overland zone plus an additional dungeon zone branched off of it sure, but I see no reason to connect it to South Karana unless there is a decently safe passage for characters 15-35 can pass through. I do like the idea of something connecting to SK though, because if there is any part of the game that I feel is the most underdeveloped zones in the original game, it was the Karanas. They're way too large and mob placement is too spread out on top of the very ugly texture placement it has compared to the vastly superior zones on the eastern side of the continent. This might encourage people to go out of their way to zones.

Map based on proportion. I truly don't understand why these zones are so god damn huge when they really shouldn't be. I get this feeling that during development, these were some of the very first overland zones they made before they realize they're idiotically huge before they made overland zones 3x smaller throughout the rest. If it were up to me, I would cut down their size to the same size as places like Commonlands and Desert of Ro ect, make it so the textures look a lot crisper compared to Commonlands, place a city/town south of Qeynos which would be Highborne (from EQOA's lore as a small Erudite town) and have it connect directly to South Karana through a mountain pass or something. West Antonica always needed dire love
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 10-22-2018 at 05:39 AM..
Old 10-25-2018, 10:22 PM
Kobold

1. A raid zone connected to that forgotten tunnel in Stonebrunt Mountains. Pretty sure they forgot about that even on live. That guy from Youtube could be responsible for the lore: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOd...yHYqj-YN0eVPLQ.

2. A discipline for knights so they can tank raid mobs once a week.

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Last edited by Achromatic; 10-25-2018 at 10:33 PM..
Old 10-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

AA's and BL's, hold the moon and everything else on it, please. Just AA's and BL's.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Orc

This server needs a serious MONEY SINK.
What's that? A way for currency to EXIT the economy. ATM its just tinkerer's bag that takes 5k chunks out of players hands, and maybe some professions that take some more. Other than that money just cycles between players until you have guilds with millions of plat and players charging hundreds of thousands for certain items.
Implement some kind of aesthetic bonus for a steep price (i.e. purchase a sick animation glow or something that lasts a limited time) and give incentive for players to spend money to NPCs.
This will help the economy which desperately needs aid. Nothing that gives stat advantage though. Purely aesthetic. Or you will have further power imbalance for the long-term players.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AA's and BL's, hold the moon and everything else on it, please. Just AA's and BL's.
So you want AA's but not the content tuned for them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess it's one way to make this top-heavy server even more unbalanced if that's your goal.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you want AA's but not the content tuned for them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess it's one way to make this top-heavy server even more unbalanced if that's your goal.
Yeah, that's a really really bad idea. I love the thought of AA's too but without the additional content, this server would be a joke..
Old 10-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only acceptable custom content is GM controlled boss NPCs
Remember when Derubael killed all the traders in the EC tunnel for Halloween?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-26-2018, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Already posted my tournament of pow... Er nameless.. Tournament of nameless idea where he comes down and makes a bunch of groups fight each other in a battle royale and the winning group gets a wish from the devs like class race combos that are unique and the losing teams all get erased permanently. People didnt like it.. And I didnt steal it from an anime or anything