Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

Inside Kaladim is fine, went from 51-55 there easily on my Shaman. 54 was brutal but always is. 14pp per kill on average, and you can get 10 guards in 1 rotation, not 8
Old 10-17-2018, 11:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just try killing Kelethin guards. Lot of fun, decent money (15ish per kill), lots of mobs, and rarely camped.
Did this when felwithe was camped, great spot.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:00 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just try killing Kelethin guards. Lot of fun, decent money (15ish per kill), lots of mobs, and rarely camped.
I have heard from a very trustworthy source in my head (this voice tells the truth) that Mr. Miyagi had a good few days killing Kelethin guards with his magical staff of slow piddly fireballs and kamikaze orange puffy minions. Good money if that's what you're after....exp not too terrible. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Butcherblock guards near the docks have substantially higher magic resists, in my experience. Don't bother trying to fear kite / root rot them until 55 or so, at which point you should just do giants in BW or something better. Those dwarves suck.

Kelethin guard levels are wildly inconsistent, with greens and one real asshole wandering around that'll get in the way of whatever you're doing. They're never camped, though, and there are plenty of places to drop transfer their drops to a level 1 wood elf for selling.

Felwithe guards until they start to green, then giants in BW until 56ish works well. I fear kited fe`dhar wyverns in skyshrine from 56 to 60. It wasn't exactly fast, but it wasn't slow, and I finally got that wurm lord shawl about 40% into 60.
Last edited by Bummey; 10-19-2018 at 02:09 PM..
Old 10-19-2018, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kelethin guard levels are wildly inconsistent, with greens and one real asshole wandering around that'll get in the way of whatever you're doing. They're never camped, though, and there are plenty of places to drop transfer their drops to a level 1 wood elf for selling.
Yeah, Lieutenant Treehumper or something. He seems to have extra hp or something.

I accidentally aggroed the Warrior Guild and somehow didn't die.

I need to develop a strategy of some sort because you can get jumped pretty quickly. Luckily you can walk off one of the tree platforms and FD or something.

Money isn't too bad either, like 13p each kill.

I don't know why people don't kill them more.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:20 AM
Kobold

I was killing them this morning, drop 2 FS weaps usually which i only get 2-4 plat each for. Am I doing something wrong???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, Lieutenant Treehumper or something. He seems to have extra hp or something.

I need to develop a strategy of some sort because you can get jumped pretty quickly. Luckily you can walk off one of the tree platforms and FD or something.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:33 AM
Aviak

Not everyone's flavor but, we duo'd 3 nobles, the bards + isabella (and the two dark elfs whose name I forget) - sure it took a while to get the camp but you're talking about 51-55 in 30 hours + like, I think we ended up with 13 or 14k from fine steel and gems and using words for necro spells (necro duo)
Last edited by dcrag; 10-20-2018 at 12:35 AM..
Old 10-20-2018, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone's flavor but, we duo'd 3 nobles, the bards + isabella (and the two dark elfs whose name I forget) - sure it took a while to get the camp but you're talking about 51-55 in 30 hours + like, I think we ended up with 13 or 14k from fine steel and gems and using words for necro spells (necro duo)
The upper floors in HHK are almost as bad as KC when it comes to general scumbaggery. Always some douche trying to steal your camp when you go to vendor, or straight up just trying to pull your mobs right in front of you. Amazing xp though if you can deal with that kind of thing. I have little patience for those types of people.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The upper floors in HHK are almost as bad as KC when it comes to general scumbaggery. Always some douche trying to steal your camp when you go to vendor, or straight up just trying to pull your mobs right in front of you. Amazing xp though if you can deal with that kind of thing. I have little patience for those types of people.
Yes, definitely this. A very well twinked 30 something fungi/epic monk giftwrapped me an obvious big train of 1st floor guards once just because they wanted 2nd/3rd/4th floor guards experience. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Otherwise, had a lot of great times (exp & money) in the upper levels of HHK but yes - it is often camped.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:53 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have you tried pulling them or fighting mostly up high? I had pretty good luck within 1 or 2 platforms of the rogue guild to start? I figured out their spawn timer with stopwatch mode on my phone and would try to get back within a couple platforms of rogue guild in time for respawns. YMMV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread