Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Money Maker

Hi guys,

Old school EQ player here, had a 60 bard on Sullon Zek. Playing on the non-pvp server and looking for a first class that will make me money for my future alts. I know people say Druids are good for ports, but exactly how much money do they actually make from ports. My playtime is at 8pm to midnight pacific time zone. Will there be enough activity in porting at that time to make a decent pile of money? I only solo so I was looking at Druid or Necro as a plat farmer. Thanks for any answers.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Aviak

Mages are pretty good for farming pp
Old 11-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

If you plan on making it to 60 and playing on blue then play the class you want to play endgame from the start. If you're playing druid just to make plat off ports you're a sick individual.
I have a mage in a mid 50's. Mage pet is strong and smacks most things down with ease other wise chain summoning or chain nuking finishes the target. But mage doesn't have all the safety nets that necro does. necro has fear, snare, root, FD just to name a few that the mage doesn't.
As much as I love my mage I wish I went necro to open up some alternative solo hunting options.
But as I said in the beginning, I recommend you play the class you plan to finish with, not a plat making alt. Blue isn't a new server so there is lots of gear for cheap and lots of plat which makes easy sales on items.

Welcome to Project 1999 and I hope you enjoy your stay!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Yes you'll make enough on a druid. Everyone uses the Skyfire ramp in OT as a hub to get places so bind yourself there and wait for the LF port messages in ooc etc.

Probably worth joining Dial A Port.

Also considering your pvp background its worth mentioning that the pvp server here should be tried; roll a character and see if you like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

We could always use more PST players. Make a Druid and look up DaP.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

Old school EQ player here, had a 60 bard on Sullon Zek. Playing on the non-pvp server and looking for a first class that will make me money for my future alts. I know people say Druids are good for ports, but exactly how much money do they actually make from ports. My playtime is at 8pm to midnight pacific time zone. Will there be enough activity in porting at that time to make a decent pile of money? I only solo so I was looking at Druid or Necro as a plat farmer. Thanks for any answers.
You're pretty much on the right route. Druid or Necro are both cheap on the start-up (read: 0 plat required) and will make plenty of cash leveling up.

Porting will probably net you 20-50p per port/person, 100p per EJ evac. Very easy and will outpace Necro farming until mid 40s. Once fine steel and better vendor trash start dropping for the Necro, you'll soon be amassing a small fortune.

The only caveat is farming specific named drops, where Enchanter and Shaman outpace Druid in particular. Enchanter is nice because they can be geared on the cheap, while Shaman "require" ~150-200k to really shine.
Last edited by Crawdad; 11-09-2015 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: words
Old 11-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Orc

Play whatever is most fun to you, plat comes with levels. Esp if you think you may wanna see raid content, don't wanna get stuck playing a role you don't like.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know people say Druids are good for ports, but exactly how much money do they actually make from ports.
Half the tips I receive are ~30pp, the other half can be split into two halves: one lower than 30pp and one higher. This is independent of toon levels. I very seldom receive tips higher than 75pp - no matter if its an EJac, a pickup or a regular port while you're at the rings.

Depending on the hour of the day, you can net up-to 200-300 plat per hour.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half the tips I receive are ~30pp, the other half can be split into two halves: one lower than 30pp and one higher. This is independent of toon levels. I very seldom receive tips higher than 75pp - no matter if its an EJac, a pickup or a regular port while you're at the rings.

Depending on the hour of the day, you can net up-to 200-300 plat per hour.
So outside of maybe your 30s, that's not really very good plat at all considering you also get zero exp.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you plan on making it to 60 and playing on blue then play the class you want to play endgame from the start.

Welcome to Project 1999 and I hope you enjoy your stay!

This is the golden rule
Play for fun not Plat

I play druid because I feel druid
I like the game play
I have a couple alts and they have become just that

Many have said it and it is true
enjoy your stay!
Closed Thread