Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 05:52 PM
Large Rat

WTS Spell: Allure
Old 01-19-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

First FTE on naggy was a Lineage toon, safe to assume the train started there.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Green server is pending online!

Get READY!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Banned

Super funny, people get this involved for negligible loot, competition is fun but a top heavy server filled with people who are desperately trying to re-create that feeling when you saw that uber guy killing your city guards with impunity in this unknown world 20 years ago sounds terrible. Classic end game is non-existant and it was somewhat contained on live because the content wasn't mastered and it took forever to level. You would log in and send tells, get on a waiting list or relocate as streams of LFG spam in ooc reveal a couple of your class that are higher level, I vividly remember 3 different groups camping each spire in South Karana with gentlemen agreements on the wanderers. I spent more time working on my alcohol tolerance at the docks and buffing noobs than I did leveling but being 13 I was easily entertained I suppose.

Thanks for reading my blog guys, should un-classic this up a bit and buff these dragons up or do events where a guild gets a 'trial dragon' where they get an instance with a raid size limit (insert respectable low pop kill). This dragon would have a low chance to drop loot but whichever guild does the kill according to that weekly challenge (rotation of least deaths, fastest kills, most spell damage, most melee damage) gets the first chance at the OW mob. Lets encourage real competition not the shitshow that is EQ 'competition'.
Last edited by Wutaan; 01-19-2020 at 06:05 PM..
Old 01-19-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

I agree, the ability to re-create classic in an age where the meta has been established is absurd to even imagine. Guilds on green will use all the dirty/best tricks to get kills just as if it were blue server.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Phatezz or whatever is grade a garbage can so expect terrible behavior new green server

Sorry all
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First FTE on naggy was a Lineage toon, safe to assume the train started there.
Why would you think that?
Old 01-19-2020, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you think that?
If they got FTE first they ran through all the trash first and either flopped or died, creating a snowball effect on anyone they passed or anyone on the path behind when the mobs pathed back...,
Old 01-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Banned

Big pixels today. Clean sweep in elf court.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they got FTE first they ran through all the trash first and either flopped or died, creating a snowball effect on anyone they passed or anyone on the path behind when the mobs pathed back...,
That's pretty speculative. They could have been characters logged out to kill/poopsock naggy wich was apparently a big thing on teal.
Closed Thread