Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Also, the original quest is turning in 4 scrolls for 1 item. It's an item quest. With the already scant amount of posts made about the quest, it's not surprising people aren't commenting on the exp.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Question for Telin:

What is the raw exp number for scrolls now?
Old 12-11-2020, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

The reason there is little evidence about the experience is people would turn the scrolls in for the gem inlaid gauntlets instead, since they were more valuable than a +5 STA earring.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the original quest is turning in 4 scrolls for 1 item. It's an item quest. With the already scant amount of posts made about the quest, it's not surprising people aren't commenting on the exp.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Question for Telin:

What is the raw exp number for scrolls now?
I can’t give you raw numbers, but your point is correct—there was no evidence experience was far greater than quests of similar effort.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Since this is a pretty big change -- 50% nerf to a popular quest -- can the players get patch notes please?

We saw the destruction no patch notes for suspending quest exp was: people were turning stuff in and getting it eaten.

I think patch notes for this would help the average joe who isn't deep into the bug section like some of us.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:01 AM
Fire Giant

Telin, was quest experience nerfed to 1/2 (or whatever it is) equally across the board to several/most/all quests or is the gnoll scroll an isolated incident?
Old 12-12-2020, 04:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your point is correct—there was no evidence experience was far greater than quests of similar effort.
the dunks lmao
Old 12-14-2020, 02:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can’t give you raw numbers, but your point is correct—there was no evidence experience was far greater than quests of similar effort.
1) I wouldn't really call gnoll scrolls low effort, not innately. I mean you can solo it easily enough but the quest is only really good for a particular few classes without outside help, mostly wizards and druids since they can gate one way and port the other. Gnoll scrolls for a solo warrior would be utterly useless because no one is going to slow-run through all the karanas to do it.

With this in mind I could see the exp reward being higher than average, the devs aiming it as more of a long-journey hand in than something they expected to be repeated.

2) Given the dubiousness of the source that the change was based on (primarily the fact that the person was like 10 levels lower than the quest mobs, so his xp was certainly capped), I'm curious, what was the gnoll scroll xp based off of previously and why is that no longer valid?
Old 12-15-2020, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemnus
I'm curious, what was the gnoll scroll xp based off of previously and why is that no longer valid?
This is an excellent question, so I am quoting it to bump it up for Telin to see and answer.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:10 PM
Developer

There’s no documentation on what the old numbers were based on. So we had to start from scratch. So far nothing has been found describing this quest’s experience as noteworthy. So we err on the conservative side until it’s proven otherwise. That’s how most things are handled on p99.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
There’s no documentation on what the old numbers were based on. So we had to start from scratch. So far nothing has been found describing this quest’s experience as noteworthy. So we err on the conservative side until it’s proven otherwise. That’s how most things are handled on p99.
The reason there is such little information is because the scrolls are also used for the Gem Inlaid Gauntlets quest, which provided a far superior quest reward to lowbies at the time and sold for 100-300pp on servers, which was a considerable amount of platinum back then. I am highly disappointed you took one excerpt of someone who “thinks” they got 1/3 a bub of exp at lvl 23. What class was this person? Maybe they were a troll shadowknight with a 67% experience penalty? If we’re being conservative erring on the side of caution I’d suggest the exp to be bumped up to ~170k per scroll at the bare minimum.

Still doing research with very little luck, until then.

Artelius
Closed Thread