Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would argue the content in p99 is just as easy if not more so since almost all fights are tank and spank. You definitely have a point on the death consequences being higher in p99 than in WoW and I think overall I agree with the point you're making.

I hope the end game is competitive again, it's really a fun part of the game and what used to set project 1999 apart from TAKP or w/e other EQ emulators are out there. When I left the content required an excessive amount of raiders which killed all the small guilds unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too poor to play? Maybe you could lend me some of those phat stacks of cash of sweaty 20s you got at the strip club?

In 2004 I went off to college so I had other priorities during that time. After college I went off to Ranger School and deployed to Afghanistan and lead paratroopers in combat. Classic WoW had passed me by by the time I had more play time 2012ish.

I don't think you've read any of the things I've actually posted in this thread. For someone named recondojoe you do a really shitty job of recon
You obviously don’t know who you’re addressing. Don’t you know recondojoe claims he was a navy seal, army special forces, and has over thirty confirmed kills?? He’s been in several shootouts outside of the army and navy too. Show some respect. He’s the only elf to ever have been inducted as a navy seal army special forces ranger and tree climber.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-27-2021, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus, how can you deny that groovy classic Everquest soundtrack. That alone is a reason to log in.
Kelethin theme lives rent-free in my brain. It's fucking perfect.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:34 AM
Banned

actually, I still play because I want a robe of the azure sky

which is probably never going to happen but if I keep my mind to it, it will happen!
Old 05-27-2021, 01:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You obviously don’t know who you’re addressing. Don’t you know recondojoe claims he was a navy seal, army special forces, and has over thirty confirmed kills?? He’s been in several shootouts outside of the army and navy too. Show some respect. He’s the only elf to ever have been inducted as a navy seal army special forces ranger and tree climber.
lmao - my apologies to the Master Chief! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2021, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

its still fun...even if in limited capacity
Old 05-27-2021, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
So I ask you this, why do you still play? Is it for your guildmates/community?
My tine is limited, so I really only do Sky Tuesdays, where I get to hang out with some old friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2021, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing better than a Desktop computer, focus later changed to convenience & monetary innovations which are not only dumb but also ugly.

I wouldn't take a bank loan for $2k to get involved in anything here today. Even 17 yr old me would call that insane. Vista/360.

I am only associate with you lot of 'gamers' because of nostalgia. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2021, 10:45 AM
Banned

I just play TLP for the same reasons op plays wow. Can raid whenever, get warder loot, camp anything i please, dps race in open world...
Old 05-27-2021, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Anyway, genuinely curious what people are enjoying here still. Hope all is well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoy testing myself against the environment, as no other game since or ever will provide the terror of trying to click your wc cap to escape a 2 hour 500p CR.

I also like helping people. In most other games people don't want to be helped. They want to take.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

For me, it's still the best version of a genre that I will probably always keep in my rotation of games to play.

I still find that you do get quite attached to EQ characters more than other video games. The only thing that comes close to this for me now is my farmer on Stardew Valley. Big Bill MacDuffy is really growing on me.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Closed Thread