Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Raid bugs

1: Cazic thule + Draco FTE shouts not zone wide

2: Dragon charm range check goes to unlimited distance on initial agro person, when someone else gets above initial persons agro within charm distance of a dragon.

3: Dragons not giving FTE messages when their pets are attacked
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokushin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2: Dragon charm range check goes to unlimited distance on initial agro person, when someone else gets above initial persons agro within charm distance of a dragon.
Can confirm this has been happening for months and has not been fixed despite it being investigated. Most recently it happened at both PD and Talendor this weekend. In the past, we've had multiple pet pullers who were standing at the zone in, get charmed by a VP dragon from their spawn point when another puller attempted to FTE. Here's the old thread. It seems like hate/fear trash was addressed, but dragons were not.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ighlight=charm

And I agree it would be awesome of Draco and CT shouts were zonewide. I don't know if there's actually a difference, but draco's in particular seems incredibly small. It's hard to tell when another guild has pulled unless you're watching him.
Last edited by Hitpoint; 08-25-2014 at 11:05 AM..
Old 08-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Is Dragon charm even supposed to be a spell? Wasn't it a proc that was somewhat easy to resist?

And did all of the outdoor dragons even have said proc? I know by PoP none of them did. A quick glance through allakhazam/EQCleric comments show no mention of outdoor dragons having the ability, only VP dragons.

I found one log from an Asian server with Sev having it, but again, it was a proc off a melee swing.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Can provide fraps of these happening if any gms need
Old 09-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

I'm more concerned in the evidence that indicates dragon charm is a castable ability with huge range.

I've only seen one log or mention of Dragon Charm on Kunark-non-VP Dragons, and that was from 2001 on an Asian server with Severilous.

I can find no mentions of Talendor or Gorenaire charming.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

I had never heard of the Kunark dragons charming before I played on this server. I figured that it was something that they later nerfed. It if was nerfed, then it must have happened sometime in late Velious or early Luclin because I remember playing my bard and kiting Gorenaire around to mana drain her before bringing her to raid. I was never charmed or worried about being charmed.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 09-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokushin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1: Cazic thule + Draco FTE shouts not zone wide

3: Dragons not giving FTE messages when their pets are attacked
bump. the pet thing is an issue in vp
Old 09-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Developer

Charm at unlimited distance should be fixed on next update. The code was just picking a random person on the hate list and distance check was only against top aggro. Someone had an oops in those code changes.

I change the way a lot of the spell casting ai works. Should be a bit better in most situations.

H
Old 09-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Sarnak

Thanks Haynar! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I think i remember something previously about player pets no longer able to get FTE, maybe the code was messed up so that players attacking pets no longer gives FTE instead?
Old 09-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Developer

No clue on FTE. Haven't really looked at that or all the raid rules stuff. Would have to ask the boss first.

H