Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Default FD Fail rate since Velious

https://youtu.be/zB3P1yrxrC4

I'll start this saying Monk is all I've mainly played since about a month after EQ launch in 99...

P99 Kunark was somewhat bearable with FD fail rate, didn't feel it was complaint worthy.
P99 Velious, first few weeks.. I didn't mind losing hours of exp every raid, but it's starting to get pretty painful.

Don't get me wrong - I love a good challenge, but when pulling turns into ''Let's see if i'm lucky enough to flop 5 times without failing!..." It isn't really skill anymore. 4/5 of my deaths are from FD failure. Failures going up to 3 FDs in a row. I have also heard rumors of FD failures happening 4x in a row from some people.

I don't remember as much of classic on live as I do Kunark+, but I vividly remember gasping at double FD fails because they were so very uncommon. Here, they happen multiple times every day. Flopping from one end of TOV to the other was never a gamble because of FD fails, it was more a gamble from actual errors.

Anyone able to help give physical evidence to help me back this up?

PS: While i'm in this forum.. on live when you would stand and throw jav, then feign before jav landed, the mob that was hit by the jav would inch a yard closer to you while the others stayed in place. This would also reset the standing time of the mob you hit. Am I crazy or was this a thing too? :P
Old 09-10-2015, 05:56 AM
Banned

i don't think FD fail rate changed at all with the velious update

i think you're just noticing it more because mobs in velious are more commonly actually a threat.. kunark was pretty damn tame aside from VP

i don't mind it, personally

sneak fail rate is much more annoying
Old 09-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure about FD as I dont raid and thus don't FD hop all day, where increased fails would be noticable.

However, throwing a jav to reset walk timer was def a thing and a pretty important one, although mitigated due to bugged sneak pulling here.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokushin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS: While i'm in this forum.. on live when you would stand and throw jav, then feign before jav landed, the mob that was hit by the jav would inch a yard closer to you while the others stayed in place. This would also reset the standing time of the mob you hit. Am I crazy or was this a thing too? :P
I remember this aswell.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

I haven't noticed an exceptional amount of FD fails on my Necro creeping through random places. I tend to just get pissed off when double fails happen because that almost certainly is a death. I have noticed a few issues though with FD aggros:

• Standing when Sneak or Invis allows a 100% mem blur on mobs pathing back. That shouldn't be the case and trivializes pulling a huge amount.
  • Memblur chance doesn't seem to increase on successive FDs. The way it was coded during classic - I believe there's a quote in bug forums from classic EQ devs explaining some FD changes - was each successive FD would increase chance to blur. I've stood up and re-FDed upwards of 10 times with no memblur on a mob quite a few times. At this point I think the only way you can get a mob to memblur on P99 is to let it reset entirely or stand with sneak/Invis on. Which should not be the case.

Really need both of those resolve concurrently to allow for classic pulling.

This post is what I was talking about: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...43&postcount=3

Quote:
With the new Feign Death, if you Feign Death once the monster has about a
65 percent chance of remembering you. Twice and the monster has about a 50 percent chance of remembering you. Four times means about 20 percent, and six times means about 8 percent
I don't believe this successive memblur chance is functional at all. It should be easy to observe by aggroing a single mob and FDing over and over and standing. You can do that 20 times on this server and it will continue to reaggro you each time.

I could check logs for fail rates on my Necro FDs but I'm guessing they're a different calculation than monks are. It's tough to track Monk FD fails unless you have some phrase you say in an FD Macro that you could log search for. Raev did it in that same thread a year ago and was finding 7-8% fail rate over 1600 FDs or so. Against what a 2011 patch note suggests should be a 5% fail rate:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...t=Feign+Forget
Last edited by Daldaen; 09-10-2015 at 09:20 AM..
Old 09-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

I havnt noticed an increase in sneak or fd fail rates on any of my monks but the other day someone in a raid did mention it seeming like fd was failing more often and someone commented that it was dependent on lvl of mobs surrounding you? I personally dont think they know what they were talking about but maybe a dev could clarify.

As for daldaen's comments, the sneak blur thing is definitely still ridiculous but I guess they have no intention of fixing it? The memblur chance increasing is real, in chardok I can't flop more than 3 times without getting a full wipe, its fairly annoying, maybe necro is slightly different than monk but that seems unlikely.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe it's just Necro that's broken then cause I can FD 10+ times on a single mob who is out of proxy aggro range and never lose aggro unless the mob resets to bind completely.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Weird, I get full blurs too often for my tastes. I guess we all just take more notice when its the outcome we didn't want.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't noticed an exceptional amount of FD fails on my Necro creeping through random places. I tend to just get pissed off when double fails happen because that almost certainly is a death. I have noticed a few issues though with FD aggros:

• Standing when Sneak or Invis allows a 100% mem blur on mobs pathing back. That shouldn't be the case and trivializes pulling a huge amount.
  • Memblur chance doesn't seem to increase on successive FDs. The way it was coded during classic - I believe there's a quote in bug forums from classic EQ devs explaining some FD changes - was each successive FD would increase chance to blur. I've stood up and re-FDed upwards of 10 times with no memblur on a mob quite a few times. At this point I think the only way you can get a mob to memblur on P99 is to let it reset entirely or stand with sneak/Invis on. Which should not be the case.

Really need both of those resolve concurrently to allow for classic pulling.

This post is what I was talking about: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...43&postcount=3

I don't believe this successive memblur chance is functional at all. It should be easy to observe by aggroing a single mob and FDing over and over and standing. You can do that 20 times on this server and it will continue to reaggro you each time.

I could check logs for fail rates on my Necro FDs but I'm guessing they're a different calculation than monks are. It's tough to track Monk FD fails unless you have some phrase you say in an FD Macro that you could log search for. Raev did it in that same thread a year ago and was finding 7-8% fail rate over 1600 FDs or so. Against what a 2011 patch note suggests should be a 5% fail rate:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...t=Feign+Forget

I raided end game as a monk on live (Bertoxxulous - hi2u hoku), our monks always took this to mean:

Stay flopped, and FD multiple times while remaining flopped = more chance for mobs to be blurred. No idea if this actually worked, but it seemed to in practice. If it didn't, we would /q if necessary to protect the raid. If its multiple mobs though, and even 1 remembers you - you're screwed regardless if you blurred the others (obviously).

Cant really comment on if this works like this on P99 - I've played a monk a bit but not nearly enough to need to worry about it. I can say sneak here is completely broken though, it didnt work like this on live at all. It trivializes being a monk, there is no longer skill in FD pulling here, sneak eliminates the need for any skill.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:35 AM
Kobold

The only thing i can think of to back this up, is A a dev coming clean that something was changed or B if someone had a lvl 60 monk flop test logged from pre kurnark with say 100 -1000 flops to see the fail rate, we could recreate that to compare.

My guess is FD fail rate is between 8-12% since velious launched as a monk. Ive played alot since launch and yes i should be seeing fails, but fails like Hoku's video shows what alot of players are dealing with.

Its been very common for me to have a flop fail, blow stone stance and before its back up have another fail or 2 happen, I can think of one time this happened during Kurnark during velious to be totally honest.
Closed Thread