Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Aviak

Default Splitpaw Trains From Across the Zone?

I was killing in Splitpaw on my paladin when a strange thing happened. I had just pulled a gnoll from through the first set of double doors. I got him to about 50% (fought for 20 seconds or so) when a massive train came running through the double doors. The train had all kinds of enchanter and mage gnolls from deeper in the dungeon. I sent a tell to a guy in the zone after I died and he told me you just can't go past the set of double doors; you have to basically just kill at the entrance because mobs will train you through walls, floors, etc.

tl;dr - I was killing in Splitpaw and a huge train aggroed me at the entrance. Got decimated by like 100 gnolls.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=176252

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=175408

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27552

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 05-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Aviak

"Marked as fixed" but still happens every time. Nice to know that this was reported multiple times over the past 5 years and it's still happening.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Please use the search feature and bump existing threads before creating new ones.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaauta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was killing in Splitpaw on my paladin when a strange thing happened. I had just pulled a gnoll from through the first set of double doors. I got him to about 50% (fought for 20 seconds or so) when a massive train came running through the double doors. The train had all kinds of enchanter and mage gnolls from deeper in the dungeon. I sent a tell to a guy in the zone after I died and he told me you just can't go past the set of double doors; you have to basically just kill at the entrance because mobs will train you through walls, floors, etc.

tl;dr - I was killing in Splitpaw and a huge train aggroed me at the entrance. Got decimated by like 100 gnolls.
I cant speak to the bug issue, but I can tell you that its common knowledge that opening those double doors and pulling from that area is a death sentence. You can only fight the ones from the zone in to the doors. If you wish to hunt further in, you need to invis up, then jump down the bridge past the double doors*. The other option is to invis up and run through doors, over bridge, and set up way away from there. The double door/bridge area is a total deathtrap. Cant tell you strongly enough to avoid it.

*all members of party must be able to gate, hammer, cap out, or have a druid/wiz who can port them out if you jump down from that bridge
Last edited by Expediency; 05-17-2016 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: .
Old 05-31-2016, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

I dont think this is related to the other posts or a pathing bug. Just beyond the doors there is a bridge/platform onto which a necro gnoll paths. He doesn't have a direct path to you by jumping off the bridge, so if he sees you he will run down a ways in order to come back up to you and bring something like 10 of his friends.

There are a number of terrible pathing/warping bugs in game right now, but I don't think that's what is implicated here. I've been to this area of splitpaw recently and I found it entirely possible to fight around that area. You just need to keep track of that pathing necro and pull mobs when he isn't there.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it can be fixed because it's not a bug. It's just normal aggro and pathing, working as intended...they just result in an awful train. Now that you know, you can probably figure out ways to avoid it.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:05 AM
Developer

Fixed, pending update.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Weird, i've never had an issue with that in all my time in Paw. Just don't pull anything from the bridge in the room just beyond the double doors and you are fine. IT stands to reason that mobs from that bridge will path all the way back through the normal path to get to you.

Because mobs often fall down when navigating tight corners, they may drop down from the rocky bridge to the pit below and then back up through the maze and judge area to come back to you...bringing all of their friends.

When you pull, pull in the most linear path possible.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.