Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default Voracious Brutes not dropping hides

Was looking forward to skilling up my tailoring past 115 with halfling racial but after quadding brutes in Dreadlands for several hours this morning, not a single hide (brute hide or excellent brute hide) dropped. I asked other levelers and no one else saw any either. These are supposed to be a very common drop.

Oh and imbue plains pebbles spell isn't on the vendor. Not sure if that was added later but hides should have always dropped. Am curious if misty acorns are a ground spawn and foraged item yet too.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

This is still a thing. Hundreds of voracious brutes down and zero hides. I need my racial tailoring!
Old 11-12-2020, 10:06 PM
Developer

Currently hides are not set to drop until September 2000. Can you find evidence they dropped before then?
Old 11-13-2020, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

I don't remember that being the case but it's possible. I've seen the sabertooth tiger hides on vendors so those are dropping for Wood Elves. Is that not supposed to be the case?
Old 11-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

I currently have a sabertooth tiger hide and excellent sabertooth tiger hide in inventory. Wood Elves cultural hides are dropping. I'd think both brute hides and sabertooth hides would either drop or not drop.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

This is very bizarre. I bought a high quality brute hide from the druid vendor in NK about a week ago. I got excited thinking they were dropping now. I had a leveling wizard friend quad a bunch of brutes in Dreadlands and he got no hides at all. Last night I quadded a bunch of brutes in Frontier Mountains and got no hides at all. The only mob left that the wiki shows that drop them are skulking brutes in warsilik woods which I'll try to kill some later. So the question remains, if brute hides aren't supposed to drop yet, they are off of something and are excellent sabertooth hides supposed to be dropping yet because they drop a ton.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very bizarre. I bought a high quality brute hide from the druid vendor in NK about a week ago. I got excited thinking they were dropping now. I had a leveling wizard friend quad a bunch of brutes in Dreadlands and he got no hides at all. Last night I quadded a bunch of brutes in Frontier Mountains and got no hides at all. The only mob left that the wiki shows that drop them are skulking brutes in warsilik woods which I'll try to kill some later. So the question remains, if brute hides aren't supposed to drop yet, they are off of something and are excellent sabertooth hides supposed to be dropping yet because they drop a ton.
Brutes in WW definitely drop hides on green. Brute Hide and High Quality Brute Hide both drop fairly commonly off those WW brutes.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:17 AM
Developer

Some zones were dropping hides out of era. Dreadlands was correct as its' loot tables were recently reviewed. Fixed, pending update.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Will existing sabertooth and brute hides be removed? There are people with 100s of sabertooth hides banked.
Closed Thread