Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 06:19 AM
Skeleton

There is a lot of logical miss steps in these "pvp everyone if you aren't a smurf" posts.

another time though

The biggest dynamic that is not being accounted for in this thread is that everyone on red almost literally knows everyone on red. A lot of them hate each other blindly.

I'll let the social / pvp motives and implications and how that affects new players flesh out in your minds.

A side note: there are still a lot of great people on red. Just distance yourself from anyone that tries to make you yes man and be a tool for pixels and you'll generally run into them.
Last edited by red99playing; 05-04-2015 at 06:29 AM..
Old 05-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred schnarf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red is like jail , kick someones ass the first day and youll be ok
+1 lol
Old 05-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL see now this is the problem with the leaderboards; and the server in general. Attacking a player whos at 15% hp and has a mob on him, while technically "PVPing," is really just GRIEFING..
No thats pvp you are blue as fuck
Old 05-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Fire Giant

You could also just level up when Empire is raiding, or wait til Velious when they will be raiding a lot. Right now they are pretty much Nihilum version 2 with all the twinks they have parked around leveling zones.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats your toons name i'd like to help you out in-game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowride [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the guy that is always saying look at me in OOC btw.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttzs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No thats pvp you are blue as fuck
That's the problem with blue players that come to red. Snaring bards kiting should be allowed. Engaging players with low hp's on a mob should be allowed. I mean it's pvp guys on classic the exp sucked and deaths would result in 5% exp loss and it wasn't a big deal.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Fire Giant

@OP my advice is make some friends try and run with the same crew and off the beating path, places like befallen najena kurns etc. When I came here originally I had a couple friends to play with at times but I also made a ton more just from pickup groups, learned to kind of ignore the twinks as they won't follow you from zone to zone anyway because they are pretty bad skill wise for the most part. I definitely recommend a guild because, you're right, if I see someone unguilded I will most likely pk them assuming they are an empire twink/alt until they send me a tell with their correct affiliation. Fresh recruits all levels, The Curse recruits all classes and basically all levels, the rest of the guilds have some priority lists and mainly only go for lvls 50+. Pick what fits best for you and go with it.

Also, stay off the forums if you are faint at heart or wear it on your sleeve at times. It is a big troll fest here, I don't mind it because it's entertaining when I'm bored at work or waiting on the pilots to get the damn plane ready.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

I remember my first beer
Old 05-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure the most "skilled" player at avoiding pvp is also the biggest pussy. Play red how you want to play, yt ratios mean nothing, dont let the handful of forumquestors convince you any differently.
Closed Thread