Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you other AT&T users open up command prompt .. do a:
tracert login.eqemulator.net >eqtrace.txt

It will output the file "eqtrace.txt" in whatever directory you are in .. usually:
C:\Users\<yourname>\eqtrace.txt

I did a few different ones staggered:

tracert login.eqemulator.net >eqtrace111.txt
1 minute later
tracert login.eqemulator.net >eqtrace222.txt
1 minute later
tracert login.eqemulator.net >eqtrace333.txt
1 minute later
tracert login.eqemulator.net >eqtrace444.txt

See if you notice any similarity in the hops.

The hop in between my 3rd and 5th .. 70.143.193.158 was a 25% 'success' in traceroute. Could be a few reasons .. but 25% is about the success rate of logging in. If all you AT&T users are being routed through that IP address, and it's flaky, that could be the source.

#3 Hop: 5 ms 4 ms 4 ms 71.155.29.24
#4 Hop: 4 * 7 ms 7 ms 70.143.193.158
#5 Hop: 5 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms 12.83.80.233

In other words .. if you are AT&T and do a traceroute .. it would be interesting to see if we are ALL getting routed through:
71.155.29.24 -> 70.143.193.158 -> 12.83.80.233
Most likely it would be your 3rd / 4th / 5th hops .. but it might be different #s depending.

If you are getting a * * * * * between the 71.155.29.24 hop and the 12.83.80.233 hop , that might be telling it's the source. How to get that fixed is a different problem. Hopefully AT&T knows it's broken or having problems and fixes it soon on their own.

Or it could just be normal that 70.143.193.158 doesn't respond to traceroutes *sometimes*... although that would be weird.
Crap my bad guys -- it's:
login.eqemulator.NET not .org
Old 09-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Large Bat

AT&T customer here as well.
Having issues with the no internet connection error, or the Server list not populating, or not allowing me to log in, or characters being gone / the patch update message.

I have updated after today's patch, and have managed to log in once, but when I camped to try to change toons, it crashed and has been right back to the previously stated issues.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Well actually weird new troubleshooting problem discovered by accident.

Sometimes when I ping:
login.eqemulator.net

it says ping request could not find host

I tried changing up my eqhost.txt from:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

to:
[LoginServer]
Host=66.55.145.2:5998

Thinking that might be it -- but still no dice. Definitely still seems like some kind of routing server @ AT&T is broken
Old 09-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well actually weird new troubleshooting problem discovered by accident.

Sometimes when I ping:
login.eqemulator.net

it says ping request could not find host

I tried changing up my eqhost.txt from:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

to:
[LoginServer]
Host=66.55.145.2:5998

Thinking that might be it -- but still no dice. Definitely still seems like some kind of routing server @ AT&T is broken
im on att. been super slow all day
Old 09-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im on att. been super slow all day
Well once you are in, you are pretty much in. I just sat in the same zone for like 2 hours straight. The problem is GETTING IN... and then surviving zoning.

I'm assuming when you zone, your computer connection tries to talk to the login.eqemulator.net server again .. and since AT&T isn't routing properly.. the communication breaks, and you get a lockup. But if you are in the same zone, it never really bothers to check with login.eqemulator.net .. no reason .. or it does occasionally but doesn't care.

~Phiren
Old 09-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Bottom line is -- some server at AT&T is broke. Knowing how these companies are set up .. I'm almost positive they KNOW there's a problem through automated ticketing.

Also knowing AT&T , I'm guessing they will get it fixed this week.

My internet went down for 5 days a few months back .. and learned they don't like to do the technical stuff on the weekends.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is magically resolved by the end of next week.

All we can do is run tracert's and try to find the broken server FOR THEM.. and then find someone at AT&T who cares/knows what we are talking about.

~Phiren
Old 09-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Well once you are in, you are pretty much in. I just sat in the same zone for like 2 hours straight. The problem is GETTING IN... and then surviving zoning.

I'm assuming when you zone, your computer connection tries to talk to the login.eqemulator.net server again .. and since AT&T isn't routing properly.. the communication breaks, and you get a lockup. But if you are in the same zone, it never really bothers to check with login.eqemulator.net .. no reason .. or it does occasionally but doesn't care.

~Phiren
i have been phone tethering in the mean time... better than 250ms
Old 09-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Surely we have at least one techbeard on P99 who works for AT&T?

Hopefully he's on the trail!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Kobold

I got in last night. I stayed on the same character (Wiz) most of the night scared to switch toons. I zoned and ported probably 20+ times and never crashed /hooray although one time it took like 4 minutes.

Near the end I tried switching toons and that worked too. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
Bakula the Rogue
Baconbit the Druid
Old 09-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Update 1

I was able to log on last night after a few failed attempts, as before. I was also able to gate and zone into Qeynos Aqueducts and N. Qeynos three times. We will see what happens today. If it doesn't go well, I'll update you all after the AT&T tech comes to my house on Wednesday.