Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 01:18 PM
Skeleton

Default Is Spamming a Skill, to Skill Up Skills, Harrassment?

I was at the entrance to EC tunnel (where I always am when selling) selling an item. While I was there I was skilling up Divination (I always skilll up skills while selling even on Blue). I was casting it over and over again as you do when trying to get skill ups. I was asked (politely, yes) to move because it was bothering this one particular player. I ignored them and kept skilling up. I have done this same exact thing on numerous occasions and no complaints.

Well, this player got increasingly more adamant about me moving because it was bothering him and cluttering up his chat window (apparently he uses one window). I didn't move. One other person complained about it as well. So now we're up to 2 complaining. I guess these 2 sent petitions and I was contacted by a GM/Guide.

This was his initial message to me: "stop".

He didn't say who he was (that he was a GM or a Guide) or asked what was going on; he simply just said "stop". To keep this short and I will get to the point. I was eventually moved to a different spot close to the tunnel entrance.

To me, this sets a very bad precedent. You can be petitioned for doing something that is a part of the game and a GM/Guide will be on their side. So, if you want to skill up skills you had better not be around anyone that can see your messages, because you might get petitioned.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Sweet baby jesus.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Kobold

No
Old 11-30-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Turn your god damn sound down/off if it's bothering you, peeps out there.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

There is only one place in the game you will be petitioned for spamming spells. You found it. EC tunnel.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is only one place in the game you will be petitioned for spamming spells. You found it. EC tunnel.
Yeah, I guess so. I am still in shock that anyone complained. I have been on Blue for years and years and now on Green/Teal and have done this same exact thing countless times. No one ever complained. This one time I get petitioned and the Guide/GM bowed down to this baby and moved me. Bad precedent set. Spamming spells (for skill ups) is a VERY important part of the game.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

What kind of a psychopath keeps game sound on in EC and spell messages in their main text window
Old 11-30-2019, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of a psychopath keeps game sound on in EC and spell messages in their main text window
they're UI'ing wrong. clearly.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-30-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschuder02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I guess so. I am still in shock that anyone complained. I have been on Blue for years and years and now on Green/Teal and have done this same exact thing countless times. No one ever complained. This one time I get petitioned and the Guide/GM bowed down to this baby and moved me. Bad precedent set. Spamming spells (for skill ups) is a VERY important part of the game.
The guide did the right thing. You can spam spells literally anywhere except that tunnel. You can auction things out to the right, along the wall from Freeport. There is no problem here.

I also got moved to the abscond point one time when I and a couple others were playing around with spell effects such as bard songs and fireworks. I chuckled and stopped.

One problem is, it can lag people out and cause them to disconnect.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

"I want to spam my spells in the most populated area in the game and be that guy and no one can make me move, even slightly outside/above tunnel because reasons."

"I'm so annoyed at guy above me spamming but am unwilling to move 20 feet back in the tunnel to immediately eliminate my problem because reasons. MOM!"

Think that about sums it up, yeah?
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Closed Thread