Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Orc

Default Enc Spell Bar

My 56 enc has been shelved for a good bit now. I wanted to get his cha near maxed before I started him again, and I've managed to get 254 self buffed (+50 cha).

Coming back to him now, I was wondering if I could get some help on my spell bar in different scenarios.

-Solo

-Duo

-Group

Can I safely assume to leave lowest level mez, tash, and PE on my bar in all cases? What about AE mez? How many AE stuns should I have loaded? If fighting mana mobs always have mana tap loaded? Boon? I figure I need to grab gob ring for solo as well.

Thank you much - I'm really looking forward to playing him again!
Old 04-05-2019, 12:02 PM
Kobold

I'm no chanter but I'm working on an enchanter and have been trying to get as much advice as I can. One enchanter I spoke to said he does his spell bar in the following way, starting with slot 1: mez, root, stun, stun, charm, swap, aoe mez, theft of thought. In the swap gem slot by default would be tash, and he swaps that out for c2, slow, etc as the situation requires. He didn't specify which situation this was for, but called it "his setup" so I would imagine it's versatile.
Last edited by DiogenesThaDogg; 04-05-2019 at 12:07 PM..
Old 04-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no chanter but I'm working on an enchanter and have been trying to get as much advice as I can. One enchanter I spoke to suggested I do my spell bar like this starting with slot 1: mez, root, stun, stun, charm, swap, aoe mez, theft of thought. In the swap gem slot by default would be tash, and he swaps that out for c2, slow, etc as the situation requires. I don't recall which setup he said this was for, but called it "his setup" so I would imagine it's versatile.
Get used to spell slot 1 for swap. It’s the most efficient, and as you get more advanced you will need to use it more. The rest are mostly preference. There are some philosophical decisions (one stun or two, which mez, etc) but after some personal preference it really becomes a situational decision.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get used to spell slot 1 for swap. It’s the most efficient, and as you get more advanced you will need to use it more. The rest are mostly preference. There are some philosophical decisions (one stun or two, which mez, etc) but after some personal preference it really becomes a situational decision.
Could you expand on why slot 1 is the best for swap? I figured lvl 4 mez was a good candidate for slot 1 because of breaking global cooldown. Or is that why I want slot 1 to be swap?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you expand on why slot 1 is the best for swap? I figured lvl 4 mez was a good candidate for slot 1 because of breaking global cooldown. Or is that why I want slot 1 to be swap?
You can reduce the time on a swap by its cast time with a slot 1 swap. The reduction in GCR is great, but if you’re going to do that while leveling (like I did), I’d recommend root, which I cast WAY more than single target mez.

Nowadays I usually load out as slot 1 as a swap, but not always. It depends a lot on what I’m doing. The only real staples for me are #4-5 are stun and #6 is ToT when I have it up.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can reduce the time on a swap by its cast time with a slot 1 swap. The reduction in GCR is great, but if you’re going to do that while leveling (like I did), I’d recommend root, which I cast WAY more than single target mez.

Nowadays I usually load out as slot 1 as a swap, but not always. It depends a lot on what I’m doing. The only real staples for me are #4-5 are stun and #6 is ToT when I have it up.
I had my top slot as root for most of my leveling, too. It worked really well when you sent your pet into a room with several mobs, backed it out, AoE mezed the group, and were able to get each one rooted before mez wore off.

Then again, I also did not have Blanket or ToT, so I had Tash and Slow memed most of the time, which greatly reduced the amount of Swapping I was doing.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by richice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 56 enc has been shelved for a good bit now. I wanted to get his cha near maxed before I started him again, and I've managed to get 254 self buffed (+50 cha).

Coming back to him now, I was wondering if I could get some help on my spell bar in different scenarios.

-Solo

-Duo

-Group

Can I safely assume to leave lowest level mez, tash, and PE on my bar in all cases? What about AE mez? How many AE stuns should I have loaded? If fighting mana mobs always have mana tap loaded? Boon? I figure I need to grab gob ring for solo as well.

Thank you much - I'm really looking forward to playing him again!
As a 60 enc who mostly solos and duos, I run with:

1. Swap
2. Color Flux
3. Color Shift
4. Mesmerize
5. Mesmerization
6. Fetter
7. Blanket of Forgetfulness
8. Theft of Thought

My swaps are typically: Allure, Tash, Bedlam, Rune, Slow, C2, etc.

For warrior-type mobs I will swap out ToT for Boltran's. For level 51+ summoning mobs I swap out Blanket for Boltran's.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Start slotting mem blur and thank me later.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Banned

Tash
Dazzle ( yes .. dazzle so when i mez shit i dont have to keep mezzing it)
Boltrans
ae stun
ae stun
Bedlam
Theft of thought ( if no caster mobs available, swap with blanket)
Slow swap with blanket if ToT is on bar.
For the most part this is what i roll with 9/10
in PoM i keep Rapture for slot 2
Mez somewhere on the bottom spell numbers for blurring pet to heal, or just to recharm.
I also boon + feedback pet cuz im on another level.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Tash
Lvl 4 single mez (cuz I like my spells cheap)
Fetter
Color Slant
AE mez
Swap slot
Charm if applicable (I guess 95% of the time?)
ToT if applicable, otherwise something like a 2nd stun, blanket or calm etc
Closed Thread