Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Not sure where to post this

Dear all,

i would like to setup a private server. please dont get me wrong it wont be public, its gonna be lan based. it will be a surprise setup that i would like to do.

we are 5 of us that used to play non stop back in the days and we have not seen each other for about 6 years now. ( we all live in Kuwait) and we are all going to gather at my place soon. i would like to setup a lan EQ with 5 computers. and have them login and play together. it would mean so much to me if anyone can help me out here. i read alot online and tried a few things with no luck.

can anyone please help ? would anyone be willing to make a image with everything setup and running?

im begging you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks!

hope to hear from you !

you can email me directly if needed cptzbug@gmail.com

Thank you all !!! thank you!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Banned

Eqemulator.net is what you are looking for.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

thanks man, but i cant seem to figure it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Orc

Just play with them on p1999 server, isnt that more fun anyway playing not in a ghost-world?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

PEQ has a server repack as does AXClassic. It's a self contained package that has everything you need. You can use those to setup a private lan if you so choose.

The database however, will be lacking. Both have extremely non-classic and custom elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Aviak

I always thought that a private EQ server set up well on a LAN would be a good "D&D" world. If you're a big nerd like me =)

GM could easily set up events like D&D sessions and your players can play through the adventures. Not a bad idea imo.
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Old 03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

yes because why play a game that takes a long time to get set up in with 300 people when you can do it with 5 in the privacy of your own home!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought that a private EQ server set up well on a LAN would be a good "D&D" world. If you're a big nerd like me =)

GM could easily set up events like D&D sessions and your players can play through the adventures. Not a bad idea imo.
Not nearly as good as something like Neverwinter Nights or a similar platform though.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Honestly, with 5 people playing a group oriented game, you should give DDO a try. It's based on micropayments now, so you can try out a lot of the lower level stuff for free and buy modules/expansions if you like the game.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not nearly as good as something like Neverwinter Nights or a similar platform though.
Never really cared for NWN platform personally. but to each his own
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Closed Thread