Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-18-2015, 12:40 AM
Sarnak

Default Brother Zephyl/Brother Qwinn bugs

Brother Zephyl and Brother Qwinn are not classic. The following is incorrect -

- Resists - They are likely flagged 100%MR classically, and are very resistant otherwise, but should be able to be hit by lures (ie CR/FR). On p99 they cannot be hit by any spell.

- They do not show the robe unless they pop while you are in the zone. On p99, they always show the robe. - I remembered this from live, and the quotes I found below support this. You would zone out after they popped and then the robe would disappear.

- They run faster than sow (currently run slower on p99)

- You should be able to hand them a 2-hander of any sort (possibly with max delay of 50), they will equip it, and they will stop quadding (seems like this should work globally, at least for humanoid models - I'm guessing this is why mobs like OOA/Hand/Stanos/Lucan were given daggers/swords automatically)

- Slightly OT, but the Raster drop can be MQ'd to Brother Zephyl classically, it cannot be on P99 Quest is here - http://wiki.project1999.com/Monks_of_The_Whistling_Fist - its a subquest turned in to Brother Zephyl - item "The Idol" item #12317 turned in with "Red Sash of Order" item #10133 which results in "Rare Robe Pattern" item #12315.

Evidence -

http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/robequest.htm

- Brother Qwinn graphic showing no robe (standard monk look)
- Brother Zephyl graphic showing with a robe

Note - Despite the date from 2004 at the bottom of the page, this guide, and the screenshots are far far older, as I used this exact guide back in 2000 pre-kunark (when it required a tailoring combine that could fail). There is a version listing on http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/guidefaq.htm - which is actually a date, the version is - "Robe of the Lost Circle ---Version 180501" - aka 5/18/01. Aka classic for P99, and also showing that the screenshots were taken before the robe was made not 100% drop in 2002 (more below on that).

http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/guidefaq.htm
"Does Brother Qwinn/Zephyl drop the RotLC?

Yes, but do NOT kill Qwinn. Zephyl has a known Place holder, and can be forced to spawn, where Qwinn can take 3 weeks to spawn even when the zone is being culled by waiting Monks. They both drop the robe, even when they are wearing the Shiver/Crescent looking Gi."

"Can the RotLC be multiquested?

Yes. The RotLC no drop components, the Targin and Raster pieces can be handed in as another hands in the Headband/Sash."

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...=1203&start=25

Golad (actually a nested quote) - Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:37 pm
"My Raster horror story. After I quit EQ the first time, I switched servers and played a monk. I camped Raster for 90 hours straight. Yes, 90. When I got to the point of exhaustion, I would set my alarm for 20 minutes (his PH respawn time), kill his PH, then sleep on my office sofa for 20 minutes and repeat. I think I got about 6 hours of sleep during the 90 hours in 20 minute intervals. The true horror is that I gave up after 90 hours and NEVER got him. Ended up buying the MQ. The bastard."

http://thesaryrntavern.yuku.com/topi...he-Lost-Circle

"Looking to sell the Idol from Ratser and the Book from Targin that are needed for the Robe of the Lost Circle. Just post here if interested."

http://mysticallightfighters.com/for...hp?f=2&t=16239

Durdaen - Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:43 pm
"I know from exp, I've MQ'ed the Robe of the Lost Circle quest with The Idol before, which is then used for a turn in for a robe used in the Monk epic 1.0."

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4609
eqaidaen - Nov 17 2006 at 9:48 AM
" A guildie camped her Rogue there and checked in on Raster once in while. One evening she logged in, he was there, she killed him, he dropped what I needed, she looted .... and then we MQ'd it."

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=29
Tanzu - Jun 01 2004 at 11:45 AM
"Can anyone answer if these idols from Raster and Targin are MQ? "
Response by Sarnath just below -
"Yes, they are MQable. Since the sash and the headband are tradeable, it's a very easy MQ."

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6053
Aristobulus - May 31 2003 at 1:11 PM
"Dont know if anyone cares, but the Idol can indeed be multiquested if any of you have a monk friend with an extra one. I took a risk and tried MQ, luckily it worked. just my 2cp, GL to all you still camping raster"

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...hp/t-8883.html

Keyeluke - 11-07-2001, 12:03 PM
"Brother Z is level 60-62 and is highly magic resistant, with only the Wizard Lure line of spells having any realistic chance of hitting him"

"Casters other than wizzies should stick to buffing and providing/controlling pets for melee, and any healer class should save all mana during melee for heals."

" Give Brother Zephyl a 2Hand Blunt weapon, such as a worn or fine steel great staff. He will equip the staff, and this will eliminate his quad attacks."

" Note that casters should not try to slow, debuff, or otherwise cast anything other than Lure spells on Brother Z – it’s a waste of time and mana, and may get you summoned."

Dyfrin Deathseeker - 11-07-2001, 07:00 PM
"Stressing the importance on Hailing instead of pulling.. He is faster than SoW. Not quite as fast as Selo's song of Travel, but by time song goes off he'll be on you(without great timing). "

Dahktur - 11-23-2001, 01:58 AM
"Anyone know if they removed the robe from Brother Z, or if he's not wearing it all the time? I am a full time cleric (lvl 58 ) , with a part time monk (lvl 50), had just got Raster, and ran to Rathe Mts to turn in my idol. After killing a couple "a drake" and Hasten's, Brother Z spawned, but he was wearing the Shiverback/ Cured Silk look (not the red robe). I know questions aren't suppossed to be here, but I found it strange, after I had helped my wife do the quest with her monkey about 6 months ago, and he was definetly sporting a red robe then."

Dillana Trueheart - 11-23-2001, 05:28 AM
"No, he will still have the RoLC on him even though he's wearing the cloth tunic. We killed him while he was wearing it and he dropped both. "

NosiMC - 11-26-2001, 06:46 AM
"side note: give Brother Z. a 2H Sword. A Sk will be able to tank him then "

Keyeluke - 01-17-2002, 07:52 PM
"Every time we've done this we've given him a worn great staff. A truly crappy weapon, to say the least. It has had no effect on his damage/delay - all it does is eliminate the quads. And that's the only purpose of giving it to him - to eliminate the dual wield, and thereby cut his damage output by a third or more. "

Keyeluke - 01-24-2002, 12:18 PM
"Nothing cast will land on him except lures."

NOTE - These guys were changed sometime early Luclin (definitely by 1-25-02) to not drop the robe 100% of the time. Looks like it may have been the 1-23-02 patch - http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020123.html - they note that they "Increased the spawn of Brother Qwinn tenfold" - I'm guessing thats when they tweaked the robe drop. Given this info (theres more in posts around various places), it looks like the 100% robe drop rate is indeed classic on p99.

NOTE #2 - There's been alot of discussion in various posts about how the classic lure flag that was used does not match up to the p99 lures. P99 seems to treat lures (and spells that have the classic lure tag) as a regular spell with -300 resist rate (ie classic lure5). There seems to be some good indications that classic lures were special on how they resisted and were not just regular spells with a large negative resist modifier. Also that, like lifetaps, lure's would land all or nothing. The various discussion about lures on Bro Q and Bro Z seem to hint at this behavior as well (at least in terms of landing/not landing of spells). Just an interesting note I wanted to make.
Last edited by wycca; 02-18-2015 at 02:13 AM..
Old 02-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Resists - They are likely flagged 100%MR classically, and are very resistant otherwise, but should be able to be hit by lures (ie CR/FR). On p99 they cannot be hit by any spell.
It should be possible to land some wizard lure spells, pending update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- They do not show the robe unless they pop while you are in the zone. On p99, they always show the robe. - I remembered this from live, and the quotes I found below support this. You would zone out after they popped and then the robe would disappear.
I don't believe there is any way to implement this currently. It sounds like a strange client side bug.

Quote:
- They run faster than sow (currently run slower on p99)
I've heard this many times and have never confirmed any NPC that actually ran faster than sow. Some are close, none that I've ever seen are faster. I've increased the runspeed to around jboots level.

Quote:
- You should be able to hand them a 2-hander of any sort (possibly with max delay of 50), they will equip it, and they will stop quadding
This would have significant consequences across the server, especially in Velious. It was commonly considered an exploit during classic, even if some got away with it. To my knowledge we have no intention of implementing this one here.

It looks like the drop rate for robe is already set to 100%

http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/guidefaq.htm
"Yes, but do NOT kill Qwinn. Zephyl has a known Place holder, and can be forced to spawn, Qwinn can take 3 weeks to spawn even when the zone is being culled by waiting Monks."

Reduced Qwinn's spawn chance a bit, pending update.
Last edited by Alunova; 02-18-2015 at 02:39 PM..
Old 02-18-2015, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

Cool ty! Eager to try out lures on them.

Yea it was set to 100% drop already, just wanted to mention it due to some other stuff I mentioned (ie visible robe and such).

Qwinn - Nobody classically knew his spawn path or pher like they did Zephyl. Unlike on P99, people didn't think to follow him around and check for phers on the same path, get a timer and pop him.

What I'm trying to say is that, because of how things worked on live, killing Qwinn's actual pher was unknown, so it could be done really haphazardly. It probably appeared that he had a super low spawn rate because we had no idea if we were really killing his pher or not.

The same patch that they boosted Qwinn's spawn rate dramatically, they likely nerfed the drop rate on the robe from 100% to about 20% (Brother Z) and 30% (Brother Q). If I had to make a guess, I'd say that Brother Q's spawn rate was in the 3-5-7% range. I think I heard 7% for Brother Zephyl, but unlike Qwinn, he has a pop/de-pop mechanism. Having the same spawn rate as Zephyl would make sense, which could make a tenfold increase a 70% pop rate. Seems a bit high, but this is a quest mob with no known named phers in a (at that point) little-used zone, so not super out of the ordinary.

PS - The other stuff is np, I just thought I'd mention it for completeness. Yes the 2hander thing is interesting as heck. Wonder if there is a way to implement it just for PC race models - since that's the only thing I remember hearing of it being used on (the Efreeti was my speculation). I'm not aware of any raid or epic mobs this would majorly gimp. Stanos wields daggers, I guess maybe Verina Tomb and Vessel? Deep/Gwan?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:08 AM
Sarnak

Almost forgot - should I repost the Idol MQ part?
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Brother Q is already pretty rare and his PH is that Crown of Leaves bitch in SK

I dont see any evidence talking about killing the PH just the fact that 'Q wasnt up often' which could be bc no one was killing his ph.

Not sure thats proper evidence to make him spawn less frequently.

The other stuff looks good tho, nice finds.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brother Q is already pretty rare and his PH is that Crown of Leaves bitch in SK

I dont see any evidence talking about killing the PH just the fact that 'Q wasnt up often' which could be bc no one was killing his ph.

Not sure thats proper evidence to make him spawn less frequently.

The other stuff looks good tho, nice finds.
I agree with this. People thought spawns like this were super rare because they had no idea what the actual PH was. Spawn seems fine, as he already is kind of rare on P99.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Well any unknown spawning/rare cycles from live were just made up on the spot here because that was all server side, it's not in the files, that all had to be coded by Nilbog and co. See P99 SRo Ancient Cyclops.

tldr P99's spawning of Bro Q may not be classic, but we have no way of finding his classic spawn mechanic (it may be different on Live now than it was).

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Any reply from dev on not being able to MQ "The Idol" from Raster on P199, but was something that was in classic?