Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tserrina's Whip in TOFS is great and easily obtainable
I have a Tserrina's Whip, but the ratio is what holds that weapon back Legi. White dmg is a big part of sustained agro.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Yes but per ALS, its much more quickly obtainable than getting tormax faction, delving deep into DN and hard camping snakes, or farming SG.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Yeah we actually have a key to the top floor of ToFS, but the one time I was able to wrangle a group to finish the climb up she was camped so we didn't even get her key.

I've also now been in on a Vilefang kill in DN but the bastard dropped two bracers and no Infestation.

Edit- The gap as far as how to acquire weapon upgrades from Kunark to Velious is pretty damn wide for tanks.
Last edited by ScruffMacBuff; 09-20-2017 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: Added a thought.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

That's super unlucky, he normally drops 1, if not 2, infestation.

Knowing is half the battle though, when you have done the encounter once it suddenly becomes easy.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Aviak

He's an easy kill for sure. We've got a couple 55+ monks to pull him but they've never done it before and finding him up without any idea of his spawn timer will be difficult. I'm certain we can get it though.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Wavecrasher is over-rated, where does it fall hate wise ? 20% slow >500 ? Not sure
Old 09-21-2017, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Wavecrasher is way overrated. 9/19 is not a great ratio. The proc is not exceptionally strong aggro and the slow is 30% less than truncheon of doom and lasts 1/3 the duration. Additionally it's mainhand only which means you lock yourself out of using it when you need to toss a better weapon in primary hand for more umph. The only saving grace is that it's a 1 handed so you can pair it with another proc weapon ... and it's tradable.

Definitely not worth the price. If I owned one I honestly doubt I'd use it.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Aviak

One if the flaws if the chart is that it assumes 255 dex which gives bad ratio/good proc weapons like Scorpikis Claw Impaler look better than it is in most situations.

My warrior only has like 114 dex unbuffed at 55 I think so better ratio weapons would pay off more than crazy good aggro procs.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My warrior only has like 114 dex unbuffed at 55 I think so better ratio weapons would pay off more than crazy good aggro procs.
This is a non-issue at 55 if you ever group with Enchanters or Shamans, which are pretty much required for grouping at 55.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Interesting. Breath of the Sea's a slow with no poison or disease counters. I have no idea how much aggro that would be; all the shaman and enchanter slows come with a bunch of counters that, as far as I know, produce most of the aggro.