Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tash
Lvl 4 single mez (cuz I like my spells cheap)
Fetter
Color Slant
AE mez
Swap slot
Charm if applicable (I guess 95% of the time?)
ToT if applicable, otherwise something like a 2nd stun, blanket or calm etc
This largely, but colour flux in place of the ae mez for an extremely fast stun into slant
Old 04-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Not an enchanter but at 55+ Couldn’t ya just aoe mez everything it’s only 70 mana
Old 04-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Default Enc Spell Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not an enchanter but at 55+ Couldn’t ya just aoe mez everything it’s only 70 mana
I agree with this 100%. I have either Mesmerizarion or Fascination on my bar at all times depending on where I am and don’t always have single target mez if I’m not worried about mana or efficiency. I also think you have to have 2 stuns up.

This was my Howling Stones solo setup 54-60 and not in order. Would swap Tash and lvl 4 mez for calm/nukes/buffs.

Stun
Stun
Aoe mez
Lvl 4 mez
Fetter
Tash (swap slot)
ToT if casters
Charm
Old 04-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Orc

Default Much appreciated!

Thanks all. I had a great time yesterday on 2nd floor of CoM with a cleric buddy - no deaths! All your comments really helped. The double stun, root/mez/charm combo worked well. Most of the time my mana didn't dip below 80. A few times, during multiple breaks, it'd fall to 20-40. A few questions:

- Is /d and mana tap the person you are dueling, an exploit? (I didn't use it as I had Boon of Garou loaded instead of ToT)

- I didn't use AOE mez since 2nd is easy, but I saw some of you say to use only that. Will I get mezed if I am in range of the AOE? Should I stack MR and hope for the best if I have to use AOE mez while I have mobs on top of me?

- I'd hit the pet with Feedback and Haste. When sitting at/near full mana, should I enjoy it? Rebuff mana buffs for the group? Nuke/dot? Attempt to chain pets when one starts to get low instead of CH?

Thanks again!
Old 04-06-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

CH far more efficient than getting another pet and having to rebuff it while duo'ing. AoE mezz saves a spellbar slot, and most enchanters toward level 60 have a sufficient mana pool to support the mana cost. I can honestly say I don't ever recall NOT resisting the aoe mezz on myself.

As far as what to do if you're sitting at full mana, do whatever you need to to increase efficiency. With rogue charmed pets, I'll dip into melee range behind the slowed mob with bedlam and rune on, so that the mob turns around. Color flux, then color skew. Pet gets a couple backstabs off, etc. Rebuffing at full mana if you're sitting there is a good idea. Doesn't hurt to throw a nuke at it every now and then if you're actually full mana and nothing else to do in a duo.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CH far more efficient than getting another pet and having to rebuff it while duo'ing. AoE mezz saves a spellbar slot, and most enchanters toward level 60 have a sufficient mana pool to support the mana cost. I can honestly say I don't ever recall NOT resisting the aoe mezz on myself.

As far as what to do if you're sitting at full mana, do whatever you need to to increase efficiency. With rogue charmed pets, I'll dip into melee range behind the slowed mob with bedlam and rune on, so that the mob turns around. Color flux, then color skew. Pet gets a couple backstabs off, etc. Rebuffing at full mana if you're sitting there is a good idea. Doesn't hurt to throw a nuke at it every now and then if you're actually full mana and nothing else to do in a duo.
That's probably because there is a level cap on the spell and you've been over it.

As a side note pre-fetter i often used the cheap root when soloing on my enchanter when I was still leveling/exping. So you can drop the pet, quickly root it. finish off whichever rooted one needs to die, and often one of them will take 2 nukes to finish. And if root breaks you should be able to refresh root before you get slapped.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Using /d for theft of thought is not an exploit as far as I know but more trouble than it is worth in my opinion.

As for AoE mez it’s just like mezzing mobs. You can mez mobs and yourself up to level 55. Once you ding 56 there is no risk of mezzing yourself. Just keep MR up and the chances of mezzing yourself are very low. Even if you do your stuns will be back up by the time it wears off.

One of the best things about AoE mez when soloing is that if your root and charm break at the same time you take a beating from both mobs but once they are mezzed you can root both mobs on top of each other. Assuming you are just doing a 1 on 1 fight this means both will be rooted once you break charm and you can nuke them both down without getting hit again.

At full mana I’ll refresh the shorter duration spells like C2 if I think to do it but otherwise I’m pretty lazy. Also, if you are with a cleric your going to be pulling pretty much non stop so that’s usually what I keep doing.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Why do so many folks use blanket? There are so many mem blur options, is that the best? I actually don't find myself needing memblur hardly ever anyway, what am I missing?

55 enchanter, mostly duo with cleric or trio with cleric/monk, FWIW.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by amznBrd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do so many folks use blanket? There are so many mem blur options, is that the best? I actually don't find myself needing memblur hardly ever anyway, what am I missing?

55 enchanter, mostly duo with cleric or trio with cleric/monk, FWIW.
It works better.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It works better.
OK, but whare you even using mem blurs for? Often enough that lots of folks dedicate a slot on their bar?
Closed Thread