Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Aviak

Default Empty rooms upon empty rooms

I find a (ill admit) pretty cornball satisfaction when, in cities with empty rooms upon rooms, I find one to camp in. I'll even set my character on a bed or a chair. Recently, seeking pointless lodging in the room above the Freeport Port Authority I thought to myself, "Why not make these empty rooms upon empty rooms have some meaning?" And so I left a pair of Drake Hide Leggings i had been carrying around on the dresser - hoping some intrepid wanderer would have something to find. After logging I looked up the time dropped stuff fades away - three minutes! Any suggestions on how to make empty rooms upon rooms have more meaning/use? Any favorite random spots - like the dancers in Neriak? Freeport underground?

Opehy
Old 08-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Ok so I used to have a room above a shop in Nfreeport. Im sure many of you use it. For ages I camped there, every character I had, and rarely anyone would set foot in there though. There was a bed, a table and a chair. And one female merchant. My wife.

She kept the apartment tidy and all my rechargeable in tip top shape, while I'd slay beasts for coin to give her to go shopping with everytime I'd visit to have her sew up my tattered armor and gear. Id camp every character I had there and do transfers, it was great. I loved the absurdity of it all lol it was convenient, but also inconvenient. How stupid smh.

I wish this game had homes so bad!

I'm also pretty sure at least twice in my life I have roleplayed renting a room at that Inn in Felwith to camp a character. I liked the rested exp mechanic in wow that was a cool way to encourage this type of asshattery.
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-22-2019 at 08:50 PM..
Old 08-22-2019, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Haha yea...i wish there was an emergent behavior fix like players commonly filling the rooms with random/weird stuff but as long as it fades so quick that cant happen....
Old 08-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Kobold

Where will I drop xfer if people are poking around.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Aviak

Latest Guild <WeTransfer>

-Opehy
Old 08-22-2019, 11:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Latest Guild <WeTransfer>

-Opehy
I cry a little inside that a genuinely nice thread became an advertisement board.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:03 AM
Aviak

Whats your solution to the empty rooms upon empty rooms?

-Opehy
Old 08-23-2019, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Ah. It seems I misunderstood your post. I read it as you advertising for your brand new service guild like Dial. I am sorry.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:21 AM
Aviak

But you said it was a genuinely nice thread : (

-Opehy
Old 08-23-2019, 12:22 AM
Aviak

It is. I just misunderstood your later post.
Closed Thread