Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 04-05-2022, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Default Can 60 sham solo failed experiment in Velks?

What do ya'll think? Can a 60 torpor shaman solo mr. https://wiki.project1999.com/Failed_Experiment in Velks lab?
Old 04-05-2022, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

If he can be fought alone,probably not too hard of a fight. Will be time consuming
Old 04-06-2022, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

This guy is roughly equivalent to a cliff golem, the challenge would just be getting him solo and of course, getting slow to stick. Velk is an awful zone to try to get ANYTHING solo, so you'd need help just getting there and setting up.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Update:

I found this guy up outside of the castle in Velks.

I'm a 60 sham with torp but no raid gear. This guy was a tough customer.

Ended up duoing him with 60 enchanter.

VERY resisty, hits for 250 and will pretty much insta kill your dog pet via rampage.

But worth killin for my bard we got a https://wiki.project1999.com/Blood_Runed_Scimitar on the first kill. Woooooooooo.

Aside: The castle in velks is cool more people should exp there
Old 04-13-2022, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

P.s. just like the golems in sleepers tomb the weapons he welds are not visible.

You will see the message that they are slashing you and then if you see a lifetap proc... bobs your uncle!
Old 04-13-2022, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside: The castle in velks is cool more people should exp there
The wife and I take friends or groups up there once in awhile, but it's not the sort of area you'll likely see a lot of pick-up groups ever form. Experience rates for folks not already 60 tend to be slow due to the difficulty of the area and that same difficulty means group members can't generally loaf around the same way they can in the popular EXP camps. In addition you have named golems, Kerdelb and Bledrek in particular, crystal destroyers also, that are a lot harder than usual EXP-group fodder (and also harder than Failed Experiment) and which could easily wipe the unprepared and since the various golems all spawn in in place of each other you can't always avoid them. If that isn't enough the area contains some interesting pathing and line-of-sight issues. Even getting in and out of camp can range from trivial to difficult depending on what sees through invisibility and where it's at.

I like that area and the wife and I duo'd up there a great deal when we were more active but I appreciate why it's usually deserted. I like how Velious has some nice areas like that which don't see a lot of use. One of the annoying things about P99's Kunark period was how practically anything of value was camped 24/7. Velious allows for some decent off the beaten path options.

Danth
Old 04-14-2022, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Whenever people claim that EQ isn't hard, these areas come to mind and there are plenty of them. 1-60 can be done EZ mode, but it doesn't take a great deal of wandering around to find legitimate challenges, solo or grouped. The undead/spider overlap in Kaesora, the bear pits in Permafrost, that gd bridge with the pather in Splitpaw, the ghost library in ToFS, pretty much all of Dalnir, Velks. The game still makes veteran players look like newbs sometimes 20 years later, rewarding brains over brawn at least outside of the zerg "competition". That moment when your guild and its opponent both take turns repeatedly wiping to Vindi. Or when someone shows you the dropdown shortcut to undead tower in the Hole and you remember all of the times you either used FD to get there or fought your way down with a group. Just the other day, a warrior was looking for some NPC in Frontier Mountains but it wasn't at the loc. I show up with track, standing there like an idiot after the warrior left, "Maybe it fell through the world?" "Nah, I'm an idiot. It's down in the tunnel." "Oh, right, below the fort..."
Last edited by Ennewi; 04-14-2022 at 03:26 PM..
Old 04-15-2022, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

my old roommate Yumyum and I tried to duo basically everything as just personal challenges. Velk's castle, and Kerdelb/Bledred in particular, were among the hardest. Harder than duoing King, or post-revamp Terror, or post-revamp Hate minis, etc.