Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-13-2022, 04:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m sure they really care what a bunch of random people think about them while they sit on their hoard of primals and warder loot. Yea I’m sure Green will become a much better server just like blue is.
Guild leader declared some time ago that they would not wake sleeper up because they're better than blue and rampage and wanted to let the server experience ST yaddi yadda.

Welp guess competition is a scary thing.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On blue99 sleeper was awoken because :

1) Leader of guild A farming Sleepers did not want leader of guild B that started killing warders to get warder loot

2) Leader of guild B ended up with warder loot anyways

what's the reason on Green?
2nd Guild started attempting warders, and ST, although they claim to love competing for content decided not to compete and close the gate for everyone.

Usual selfish story from seal team.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:25 AM
Aviak

There never really was an environment for good competition. The real competition was attrition of players trickling over to the farm green with blue experience guild. Toss in the fact it’s not about playing good but being able to play anytime and you’ve removed any hope of real progression or nuanced multi guild competition.

The players of green deserved better stewards.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

Ah yeah?

Waking up the sleeper for no reason other than boredom seems like a way worse reason than waking it up to deny someone you hate a specific item...which they ended up 3 pieces of anyways.

I dunno, If there is no hatred between ST and Kingdom, why not work it out?
Old 04-13-2022, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Do it, be part of Green history.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 04-13-2022, 08:29 AM
Skeleton

ST should be no CSR until sleeper wakes. Any rando with a key should be allowed to pull out all the stops to prevent that last warder from being finished off.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuffyP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s just a shame. Really solidifies their legacy as a guild everyone despises, i don’t think they can their way out of this decision being malicious toward others. Although i can’t say I’m surprised, st has been toxic from the beginning and we have all expected this outcome.
The whole server is unhappy about it. Nobody wants to help st make a kerafyrm attempt because this decision undermines a lot of people’s hard work, the people who didn’t join the mega zerg and created competition to actually make the game fun, don’t get to experience content. But i guess some people get off on being cruel.
This decision shows they don’t actually want competition and Smash isn’t a man of his word.
The silver lining is a lot of those toxic players will quit or split off to other guilds. Should make the server much better. It’s a shame st members will be scowled at by everyone and remembered for prematurely waking the sleeper and harming the server and their own members, who put in effort but didn’t get their legacy items.
I realize I am putting a lot of 10+ year friendships at risk by saying this, but there have been recent statements by Force of Will that their leadership does not condone ST's decision to wake the Sleeper because of the lasting effects on the server. This would be an excellent time to put some meat on those words by dropping any affiliation/agreement/alliance with ST going forward.

Otherwise you are complicit in their toxic actions and are still supporting the server baddies. I would hope my friends in Force of Will are better than that.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-13-2022, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno, If there is no hatred between ST and Kingdom, why not work it out?
Once kingdom started actually compete and start winning mobs and started to get keys on quakes the "no hatred" went out the window reeaaallly fast.

ST is generally pretty friendly towards guilds that don't actually compete against them and take "their mobs". They don't actually like competition that's been very clear. In the past, FoW and ST had a much worse relationship than ST and Kingdom had if you scroll up in the Green discord UN and check out the petition history. Kingdom rose up solidified the #2 slot and really started to put on the pressure and that relationship flip flopped in a hurry. ST suddenly became good friends with FoW teaming up with them for all their kills on every quake.

If FoW had refused to help ST, Kingdom would have been #1 months ago and Sleeper would have also probably already been awoken months ago.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's almost as if deleting content is a tarded decision on a timelocked server?
qft
Old 04-13-2022, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

none of the big zerg guilds like competition they just want to keep others away from mobs they deem as "theirs" its like they never grew up past being 4 year olds in the sandbox i hope this helps