Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-27-2023, 12:55 AM
Large Bat

Default Frozen at server select

Hello all,

I have never had this problem before today: When I use "Launch Titanium" the game appears to start as it has before, but in a lower resolution (EULA and login screen are considerably larger than they typically are). When I get to the server screen and try to login, EQ freezes and becomes unresponsive and leaves a black screen in the upper left-hand corner of my display that I must force quit to get out of it.

Earlier in the day the game was working just fine. I did not change any display settings in my last session that I'm aware of and did not make any changes to my PC, but the resolution thing makes me think it may be a display incompatibility or issue. I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall with no luck.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any help would be much appreciated!!
Old 07-27-2023, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Are you running the EXE in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode?

Many have reported that running the game in Administrator Mode or setting the file eqgame.exe to run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2 has solved (or at least reduced) the problem. To set Compatibility Mode:

Locate the file eqgame.exe in the folder where you stored your Everquest installation files.
Right click and select Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab.
Click "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Note: Some have reported still having issues after changing the settings, so this is not a guaranteed fix.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:50 PM
Large Bat

Hey this worked!! Thanks tons for the help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2023, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvanatta01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey this worked!! Thanks tons for the help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yay! See ya in game!!