Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reorganize our cities into less urban sprawl with more walking and mass transit. Bullet trains across America.

Instead we have the Tesla clown show.
youtube man
Old 05-26-2019, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a few million years ago, the earth wasn't the same as it is today. for all we know it was probably uninhabitable by humans. we don't live a few million years ago, we live right now. there were periods of time where there was no oxygen in the atmosphere, does that mean the earth was "fine" back then? it certainly wasn't fine for humans to be living back then.
I know very well humans weren't around back than, but other life was. If 10 times the CO2 level increased the temperature at the rate the global warmists say it will, then the temperature would have been too hot for most, if not all, life back then. Well, that didn't happen. So, at least their rate of temperature increase is incorrect.

Also, from the late 1800s to the 1930s the temperature increased to the point that the 1930s is warmest is the 100 years, probably the warmest since the medieval warm period, which was as warm, if not warmer, than today. The rate of CO2 increase was very small since man had yet entered the industrial revolution full steam and there were relatively few cars then. The significant increase in CO2 really took off after WW2. But, in the 1960s and 70s the temperature starting dropping to the point there was a global cooling scare. How do you explain that with the rapid increase in CO2? The low point was 1979. Then, temperature increased again until 1998 with a spike up in that year. After that the temperatures went up and down, average little change until a spike in 2012 and again in 2016. Since 2016, temperatures have been more or less decreasing on average.

If the little increase in CO2 that occurred prior to WW2 caused the late 1800s to 1930s increase in temperature, then the temperature should be much warmer now than back then due the rapid increase of CO2 after WW2. But, it's not. This is why the models are always wrong. They give CO2 much more weight in their formulas than it should.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
smh fam

how can you think that the desertification of north africa is not climate change? do you even know what the definition of climate change is? how old are you?
Desertification? The area around the desert is actually greening... due to increased CO2.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Desertification? The area around the desert is actually greening... due to increased CO2.
"the area around the desert is greening"
what the fuck does that even mean? answer my question, how old are you?
Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
"the area around the desert is greening"
what the fuck does that even mean? answer my question, how old are you?
It means increased plant growth. I'm 55.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It means increased plant growth. I'm 55.
well that explains it all

see

Quote:
as to the answer to your broader question, the answer is that people don't generally change their minds, rather old dumb people die and younger people who are invariably better informed than the older generation get to take a crack at it

so the answer is to wait for a bunch of people to die and hope
first you claim that humans can't affect the climate. now you're saying that humans are affecting climate positively by dumping literal gigatonnes of co2 into the atmosphere and reversing climate damage caused by our ancestors. you can't have your cake and eat it too. and fyi there are some experimental treatments available for alzheimer's disease, you might want to look into that
Old 05-26-2019, 12:23 AM
Banned

ANYONE OVER 30 IS A BOOMER

I WIN THE DISCOURSE
Old 05-26-2019, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ANYONE OVER 30 IS A BOOMER

I WIN THE DISCOURSE
one day I will be old... but at least I will be self aware
Old 05-26-2019, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
well that explains it all

see

first you claim that humans can't affect the climate. now you're saying that humans are affecting climate positively by dumping literal gigatonnes of co2 into the atmosphere and reversing climate damage caused by our ancestors. you can't have your cake and eat it too. and fyi there are some experimental treatments available for alzheimer's disease, you might want to look into that
You're conflating climate with environment. CO2 has little to do with temperature, but plenty to do with plant growth.

Making assumptions about me? I don't have Alzheimer's.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I WIN THE DISCOURSE
Dream on.
Closed Thread