Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Large Rat

Tempted to play it but for me, the best part about WoW back in the day was RL friends that played. I never knew anybody that played EQ for longer than about 2 weeks, where there were some good years of WoW.

Horde all the way.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:03 PM
Banned

Make new friends bro.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Tauren Warrior! I cant waaaaait!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 05-30-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tauren Warrior! I cant waaaaait!
Same. I'm going for it when launch happens and I'm ashamed to state that I have just about all the Horde vanilla content memorized in terms of quest routes, gear, etc. The Tauren warrior really is second to none. I'm also going to roll a Tauren shaman but will first level a Tauren druid to 35 rapidly to use as a tradeskill mule.

Druids in vanilla are stupid easy to level in terrible gear. Going skinning / mining and using the 6 spare character slots for banker alts = I'll store every scrap of leather, ore, and cloth before actually starting a trade. Taking the warrior and shaman to level 20ish each using quest rewards and greens gained from the druid is ezpz without having to touch trades.

The warrior is hands down the best tank and one of the strongest classes in vanilla. The shaman is absolutely the best horde healer available due to their strength in stacking in raids. They're especially fun in pvp too. The druid is complete garbo excepting the super simple early leveling + tradeskill mule use. I just need to really figure out what trades I want the warrior and shaman to have after level 20.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remake the link it says expired please. Going alliance probably dwarf hunter as farming char and mage as raiding char.

Anyone know if the exp will be classic type 1x or faster???
shit sorry didnt check this for awhile

https://discord.gg/9zVYWP2

did that work? we have about 10 of us or so on there so far. everyone trying to decide what class to go with but sounds like were getting some traction. Everyone getting excited, still like 3 months away i cant wait!

can add me on discord if this link doesnt work and i'll invite you. Fifield#4811

HORDE!
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 06-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Kobold

Glad somebody made this thread. I'm going to make a undead rogue on PVP. I'm wondering how many people are going to be streamer sniping? Can you get in trouble for doing that anyways?

I really enjoyed vanilla pvp as it wasn't that ridiculous in numeric value as it is now i.e. 22.5MIL

Keep it somewhat simple, and improve on it till it's perfect. You don't see them adding new things to chess.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quite a bit of terrible info being tossed about here. Don’t come to p99 forums for WoW insight.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Banned

Question- I played original WoW up to Cataclysm. However i feel like there is so much more that P99 has to offer and explore. So many different ways to build a character in EQ. And even though there is BIS in P99. We are all geared and built differently.

That being said- I felt like Wow always had a very mapped out gear setup. But i could be remembering incorrectly... Just seemed like everybody was after the same awards at the end of the day... Am i wrong? Will classic WoW come down to- Who can play better, and not just who has better gear?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question- I played original WoW up to Cataclysm. However i feel like there is so much more that P99 has to offer and explore. So many different ways to build a character in EQ. And even though there is BIS in P99. We are all geared and built differently.

That being said- I felt like Wow always had a very mapped out gear setup. But i could be remembering incorrectly... Just seemed like everybody was after the same awards at the end of the day... Am i wrong? Will classic WoW come down to- Who can play better, and not just who has better gear?
BIS in wow is much more straightforward and clear compared to EQ. So kind of yes lots of people are going after the same item. But the margin between good gear and BIS is much smaller in WOW than EQ. You can do all the content in blue gear, even with some green. Purp gear is nice but not necessary to complete classic end game content.

In pvp skill makes up for gear discrepancy in some situations. My blue geared rogue could 1v1 purple gear warriors all day, for example. But in a team fight, purple gear warrior charges my rogue and I hope my cooldowns are up or I'm gonna die pretty quick.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BIS in wow is much more straightforward and clear compared to EQ. So kind of yes lots of people are going after the same item. But the margin between good gear and BIS is much smaller in WOW than EQ. You can do all the content in blue gear, even with some green. Purp gear is nice but not necessary to complete classic end game content.

In pvp skill makes up for gear discrepancy in some situations. My blue geared rogue could 1v1 purple gear warriors all day, for example. But in a team fight, purple gear warrior charges my rogue and I hope my cooldowns are up or I'm gonna die pretty quick.
So like.. Most folks even casual players will easily top out their PVP gear right? WoW seems refreshing to me as a casual player cause i feel like i can focus more on enjoying the game and improving pvp skills, rather than spending my life attaining gear...
Closed Thread