Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Default Enc Animation Question

does anyone have any information about what slots / weapons the animations all come with?
I've noticed that different levels are getting different weapons and it would be super helpful to figure out what weapons/shields to give them in order to be more efficient.
That is to say, it would be nice to know what the damage of those weapons are so I can at least somewhat attempt to give them better weapons.

I've been trying to find guides online about animation pets, but nobody seems to know anything about them at all. all the guides just repeat the same 3 lines of "omg you're not using charm u nub." , "just give anything to animations and they do more damage." and "their weapon is the tiny dagger."
All of which are inaccurate(mostly) answers to the question I'm asking, which is for cold hard statistical facts.
1) charming is horrible bad at pet burst levels
2) animations clearly have different weapons on summon, I've noticed a dagger, a longsword, a rapier, and an axe so far.
3) tiny dagger is not a weapon and cannot be equipped as a weapon, does not show stats, etc etc etc.

Additionally, does anyone know anything about the shield it comes equipped with as well? I've been looking into stocking up on shields if I can make it more tanky as well for the in between pet burst levels, but again, I can't seem to find any information at all on this topic.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

One time I gave it a full suit of bronze for curiosity and it had no noticeable effect.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Kobold

The best thing to give them is a torch so they dual-wield. Sometimes if I happen to loot cheap armor I'll also it to them but I have no idea if it actually helps.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

I have minimal experience with Enchanter Animations other than to agree with you in that they are fine to use for your upward crawl of getting level 20 if you aren't okay with charm breaks and issues of mobs with how they con to you in your teens and so forth. I leveled a dark elf enchanter and even with max starting Cha and good cheap items the breaks were just a part of the mechanics of being in the teens, and sucked.

I focused mostly on undead while leveling and saved rusty halberds both from mobs and from merchants in mage summoned bags that I would corpse between play sessions. The increased damage assisted with leveling in a pretty big way. In terms of giving the animation armor to wear, I never tried it as my character was tanking most of the way through using haste and slow, and mage summoned bandages. It was dumb but it worked to getting 20 and that's all i cared about.

You could experiment with armor on the pet if you really want and just do some damage parse comparisons. I can tell you that giving a full set of banded armor on a mage pet does make a significant difference in the damage they receive through the 40's and even early 50's, but I'd only ever bother if it's a camp of some sort that I wouldn't want to use the Reclaim strategy.

I believe the highest level summon for the 20 animation can dual wield. And then all of the level 24 summons on up can dual wield if given 1h weapons, as per the wiki.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Kobold

seems like everyone else seems to be as in the dark as I am on this issue other than the fact that giving them 2 weapons makes them dual wield. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think the shield is actually a shield. If it were a shield, then the animations would naturally DW whenever they were high enough level to do so.

The weapons they have equipped on summon are also completely meaningless.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think the shield is actually a shield. If it were a shield, then the animations would naturally DW whenever they were high enough level to do so.

The weapons they have equipped on summon are also completely meaningless.
"Completely Meaningless"
I think going from a 9 damage axe to a 3 damage dagger COULD have some meaning. It might not mean a lot to you but hey, I'm interested in the meta-game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's my counter-argument to your shield claim. Animations use bash, which afaik, does require a shield, yes?
Old 04-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Kobold

I have found that when you give an animation something, like a torch to force dual wield, it still bashes even w/o a shield. I would be curious if its AC is impacted without the shield.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:22 AM
Large Bat

I haven't summoned an animation since level 16. Haven't even bought the spell...

They're total junk, go charm something. Lots of good information out there on the topic of charming. It's fun, engaging, and incredibly effective.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't summoned an animation since level 16. Haven't even bought the spell...

They're total junk, go charm something. Lots of good information out there on the topic of charming. It's fun, engaging, and incredibly effective.
Is there a button I can click to report posts for being deconstructive?
because that's what you are, a liberal. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just a reminder, this is a thread for ENCHANTERS, not MAGICIAN ALTS. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If ANYONE actually does have any information on the animations, feel free to post it.
Closed Thread