Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 11:05 AM
Large Bat

Default Brand new to EQ, looking for newb-friendly guild

Like the title says, I am a total newbie to EverQuest. Never played it before; I remember it coming out and wanting to play but at the time my parents wouldn't pay a monthly fee (I was still in high school at the time) so I had to return the game to Electronics Boutique. I started MMOs with WoW in late Wrath of the Lich King.

So now 20 years later I am finally giving it a shot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's a slow thing for me as I'm not used to how it plays, but it's not bad although it feels incredibly grindy versus what I'm used to.

I'd rather experience the game as close as possible to how it really was, without excessive twinking that would make things much easier (also if the Green server is true I'm thinking of doing that as well when the time comes) mostly so I can see how this genre of game played since I'm so used to WoW's style.

I have a Human Paladin named Valdren that I just hit level 4 on last night (must have exterminated so many of those poor Klicknick bugs) in Qeynos and that feels like a big accomplishment to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is there a newb friendly guild that can help me to learn the ropes of the game since I'm going into this pretty much blind but with other MMO experience? I'm not sure if I'll focus on anything in particular as this is really a sightseeing trip for me since I never got to experience EQ and I want to see the oldschool gaming values.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Noble, If you are looking for a No "getting gifts, Grind it by yourself, no Power leveling (even when not asked for) no receiving of gifts" experience you want to join Auld Lang Syne. Google them but they have very strict roles.

Other than that I would not worry about a guild until around 20's, just talk to people around you. They will help you, and by doing this and interacting with people from these certain guilds it will allow you to make the decision yourself. Make friends is what its all about. No one is gonna call you out for being a n00b when you are one. They will just give you tips and tricks as you play.

For instance I'm in TSS, but I have good friends in kittens, Dawn, AM, AG, BG, Auld, Anon. Just by meeting and talking to people.

Of course when it comes to that decision I am gonna say join us at TSS, great group of guys and gals. However, this is your personal journey.

Just get your feet wet mate! BTW hit up Ebowla in game if ya have a question you just cannot get answered.
Last edited by btravis1990; 05-01-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Old 05-01-2019, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List

You'll want the "Casual Guilds" (or maybe ALS, as btravis1990 mentioned, which is the only "Environmental" guild).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleshield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a Human Paladin named Valdren that I just hit level 4 on last night (must have exterminated so many of those poor Klicknick bugs) in Qeynos and that feels like a big accomplishment to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a long road ahead of you young adventurer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Welcome.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread