Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
couple ways to quell the itch:

1. Time in nature
2. Art
3. Cold water immersion
4. Meditation
5. Exercise/physical exertion

Best of luck!
I like to spend my time indoors, hunched over beautiful models, eyeing over their beautiful details, hands aching from fingering the brush...

I'm of course talking about painting fantasy war gaming figures!
Old 05-17-2019, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to spend my time indoors, hunched over beautiful models, eyeing over their beautiful details, hands aching from fingering the brush...

I'm of course talking about painting fantasy war gaming figures!
that's a good hobby. i bought a bunch of figures and paints because I thought I would enjoy that too. i didn't ^^; so now I watch YouTube and think about what else's I might like to do.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

You've sunk hundreds of hours already and if you sink hundreds more the only thing you'll end up with is a slightly more powerful cartoon avatar on a server that will get deleted in a few years. There's so many other things you could do with your life that you won't regret later.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talk me out of coming back.
The server is filled with actual bees.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's a good hobby. i bought a bunch of figures and paints because I thought I would enjoy that too. i didn't ^^; so now I watch YouTube and think about what else's I might like to do.
It took me a surprising number of attempts to really get into it properly. Getting the right desk/seating/lighting set up and watching YouTube guides really helped.

I also temped two months as cover for a games workshop store manager to cover some sickness leave. The store regulars and the access to so many high quality materials really helped. Apparently the chaos marines I painted ended up in Peterborough.

YouTube is really great for entering new hobbies.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Go outside its spring jesus
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

This game is really good at sucking you in because every accomplishment gives a little endorphin boost and is a stepping stone towards completing the next task.

I have taken numerous long breaks and come back even at points where I really needed the time to do more important things.

My advice if you really don't want to play is to focus on the glaring opportunity cost. I've never been great at just half playing this game so when I'm actively playing I spend large amounts of time on the game. If I don't play I have a ton of time to play other less time demanding games, hang out with the family, get exercise, educate learn some new skills etc. You can really get a lot out of the time you put in to play P99.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-17-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Try learning a musical instrument. I'd suggest guitar but there's tons of options. Learning to make music / play along to songs you like is a ton of fun, it could seriously level up your life.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Substitution is an effective way of getting rid of undesirable habits.

Learning a musical instrument is massively time consuming, hours of practice everyday... might just kill the EQ itch. Until you think it would be fun to learn to play the Everquest loading music.

Back to square one.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Large Rat

Wizards didn’t get fun to play until at least luckin it not PoP imo

Focus gear was kinda important
Closed Thread