Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Green99 or WoW Classic?
WoW classic 201 56.30%
Green99 156 43.70%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 10:31 PM
Kobold

I will definitely play Classic, albeit not hardcore.
But I doubt I will touch Green, solely for the fact of them resetting the server after 2 years.
Resets just add a timer to the game which turns the entire thing into one big ugly race. And that is totally against why I play something relaxing that I can do on my own pace.
But even more, I refuse to put that kind of time in to any game that will just eventually yank the rug out from under you. EQ is bad enough of a time-sink, but to reset the server every 2 years means that any time you put into that kind of ever-restarting game is just pointless, because in the end, (every 2 years) it just won't matter.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 05-25-2019, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

But it matters here how?
Old 05-26-2019, 01:33 AM
Banned

AE groups will be the only good way to level

oh.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

The fact WOW classic is winning makes me realize why P99 has such a shit community compared to the olden live server.

WOW players are here.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact WOW classic is winning makes me realize why P99 has such a shit community compared to the olden live server.

WOW players are here.
The majority of blue "stayers" aren't even voting in this thread because the poll is fucking stupid. And if the community is so shit why the fuck are all these wow players here in the first place, dumbass?
Old 05-26-2019, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of blue "stayers" aren't even voting in this thread because the poll is fucking stupid. And if the community is so shit why the fuck are all these wow players here in the first place, dumbass?
It was a joke bro, relax.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a joke bro, relax.
Doesn't really make any sense for a joke. WOW literally hamstrings toxic behavior by design, which is why they don't need an entire encyclopedia of rules or constant "staff intervention" for people to "play nice".
Old 05-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't really make any sense for a joke. WOW literally hamstrings toxic behavior by design, which is why they don't need an entire encyclopedia of rules or constant "staff intervention" for people to "play nice".
So you're saying it's game design, not community issues, that causes toxic behavior?

Are people not to be held accountable?
Old 05-26-2019, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So you're saying it's game design, not community issues, that causes toxic behavior?

Are people not to be held accountable?
Nothing at all about accountability. The point was that a person who is a toxic player is not going to choose a game that massively limits their ability to be toxic in the first place. Instead, they would play a game that allows their toxicity to flourish.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Nothing at all about accountability. The point was that a person who is a toxic player is not going to choose a game that massively limits their ability to be toxic in the first place. Instead, they would play a game that allows their toxicity to flourish.
Oh I see - but for the record the entire thread seems sarcastic, was just building on the anti-WOW joke. I don't think any real WOW fanatics would be playing P99 tbh.

Also I don't think the forum community reflects the in-server community very well. Particularly the gang of folks that regular RNF. No reason to call me a dumbass in a troll thread.
Closed Thread