Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

• OP, I think you already figured this out, but don't mix up charm and charisma. Charisma is a statistic your character has. Charm is a type of spell you cast. Charisma is prounounced karisma so they shouldn't sound the same in your head.
• Charisma stat does not help druid charms at all. (Also true for necro and shaman charm spells.) Charisma does reduce critical resists on your Calm Animal spell, but most people don't bother gearing for charisma on a druid.

So...for a druid, "charm gear" has no charisma...just hp, maybe AC, and more wisdom and a deeper mana pool help too.

Also, if you're duoing with a wizard...the two of you could quad kite very effectively, especially after level 29. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before 29, you can pull 4 mobs with snare, circle them up, then the two of you use your quad nukes. Try to have the druid nuke more on the first half to secure aggro, and the wizard nuke more on the second half to share the mana cost burden.
After 29, I'd have the wizard pull 4 mobs with flux staff, circle them, snare them, then both of you use your quad nukes. If the mobs split, wizard spams flux staff to regain aggro and gathers them again.
I hope you try it. Duo-quadding is cool. Less downtime, more security. You can SoW. He will eventually have a flux staff, and AE snare at 29.
Last edited by Videri; 08-05-2020 at 04:36 PM..