Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was one hour. But yea it worked.

The main issue with it was a lack of server wide announce when a lockout expired. Guilds not knowing when they could legally FTE.

I imagine a bot feeding into a public Discord channel could solve that problem next time around. Guilds could be mandated to declare their FTEs there
I know I adjusted to 3 hours since it’s rooted now
Old 10-21-2020, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

It wouldn't work for the same reasons it died last time, people would just accuse people of cheating on the races and it would die. We just started foot races in Kael not long ago and people already accuse anyone who wins of cheating.

Same thing happened with coth races, people complained that everyone was cheating and then we moved to foot races, now everyone claims the foot racers are cheating so next we're going to just /random for FTE probably who knows.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:39 AM
Aviak

"More, and more, people feel slighted while raiding and are actively looking for things to call other guilds out on" This. Recognize that every time you react with a petition, you set everyone, including the GMs, up for a snowstorm of additional petitions in response. "Well, if this is the way it is going to be, then ok here you go."

How about a monthly ish rotation of meta: Even months - rotation (instancing); odd months - race (current meta). Rotations could include open to smaller guilds slot.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Rotate. Everything.

Stop being toxic. Learn to share.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was one hour. But yea it worked.

The main issue with it was a lack of server wide announce when a lockout expired. Guilds not knowing when they could legally FTE.

I imagine a bot feeding into a public Discord channel could solve that problem next time around. Guilds could be mandated to declare their FTEs there
A system announcement that state's <GUILD ABC> is unlocked, etc. would be nice. Fr/AG had to guess on the Doze lockout, guessed poorly and got petitioned/banned as you all know.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:59 AM
Skeleton

NTOV/Dain/CT Rotation
WTOV/Doze/Kael/Yeli Rotation

For four weeks while leadership discuss how to be friendly after the rotations end on week 5. No terms? Continue rotation.

This may get the suspended guilds out of suspension before repop day, quicker than negotiations could. While discussing free and open FTEs and how to handle that, we could all still get mobs.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovaltine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NTOV/Dain/CT Rotation
WTOV/Doze/Kael/Yeli Rotation

For four weeks while leadership discuss how to be friendly after the rotations end on week 5. No terms? Continue rotation.

This may get the suspended guilds out of suspension before repop day, quicker than negotiations could. While discussing free and open FTEs and how to handle that, we could all still get mobs.

LOL i shared the same exact solution a few hours ago with my guild. only difference was how the mobs are split. mine was all of TOV + klandi and zlandi vs everything else

kinda happy we think alike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2020, 10:10 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by voydent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL i shared the same exact solution a few hours ago with my guild. only difference was how the mobs are split. mine was all of TOV + klandi and zlandi vs everything else

kinda happy we think alike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How mobs are split is up to whomever to change, though I didnt even think about Klandi/Zlandi so thanks for reminding me they exist. Just tried to even out BiS type mobs and stuff. The better point to this is the rotation to get back to raiding before pop day. However anyone wants to distribute mobs on the rotations is whatever to me, lets just get back into this and show everyone there is a way to have cake and eat it too.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by voydent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem with all rotations is, who gets included in the rotation? TOV is only being killed by Fr/AG and Riot. Do other guilds like TSS / DB etc. deserve a rotation slot?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Any rotation would build in a method for proving yourself. Maybe that means you have to go beat the rotation guild that week to a certain mob and win it. If TSS/DB can't commit to that they don't get a chance for a slot. This is basically just an extension of what we've already had for Tunare/ST/RW in the past, it never prevented other guilds from trying if they were motivated to, it just rotated between Riot/AG.
Closed Thread