Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default Shamans: Assiduous Vision is one of your best spells.

This is something that I tried to promote a lot when I played but that was awhile ago.

Probably the #1 underrated spell in the game is Assiduous Vision. When you cast it on yourself it has a very unique effect of allowing you to zoom out your camera a bit further, as well as slightly increasing your FOV. This lets you see a lot more around you. It also gives Ultravision and lasts 2+ hours (or until you zone).

Use Assiduous Vision.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:27 PM
Large Rat

I did not think about using this spell on myself. It's REALLY nice with the increased FOV! Thanks for promoting it again!
Old 10-05-2020, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

I have serious doubts this spell is supposed to be able to be cast on the caster.

Just compare the stats to https://wiki.project1999.com/Ultravision
https://wiki.project1999.com/Assiduous_Vision

Additionally the vision spell should increase magnification should be lowering your FOV not increasing it.

Looks like some bugs here.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Thanks Byrjun, vey nice tip.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have serious doubts this spell is supposed to be able to be cast on the caster.
I have no idea how it's supposed to work. I wasn't smart enough to use this spell back in the day. I'd support nerfing it if that's more accurate to classic but I'd be pretty sad about it.

I do know that on live EQ Assiduous Vision works exactly like it does currently on P99. So if it worked differently in classic then it was changed at some point.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea how it's supposed to work. I wasn't smart enough to use this spell back in the day. I'd support nerfing it if that's more accurate to classic but I'd be pretty sad about it.

I do know that on live EQ Assiduous Vision works exactly like it does currently on P99. So if it worked differently in classic then it was changed at some point.
I have my doubts of that being case unless lucy is wrong:

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.ht...84&source=Live

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.ht...59&source=Live
Old 10-10-2020, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

I have no idea what you're trying to suggest. That lucy spell description matches the P99 description exactly.

I'm assuming Magnification=100% is normal version, <100% is zoomed in, and >100% is zoomed out.

Telescope is Magnification=55% so it zooms in your vision by 45%.

Assiduous Vision is Magnification=130% so it zooms the camera out by 30%.

Where is the confusion here? Everything seems accurate to me.

The spell effect text for Assiduous Vision is "Your spirit drifts from your body." It's like an out of body experience type effect. So the zoom out effect even matches thematically.

IMO the only valid question is whether the player was prevented from casting Assiduous Vision on themselves in classic. You can definitely cast it on yourself in current live EQ so you'd have to prove that the targeting was changed in a patch somewhere.
Last edited by Byrjun; 10-10-2020 at 12:37 AM..
Old 10-10-2020, 01:16 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah uhh.

Viewport is huge for field of vision etc, but noone ever uses it.

People dont want help, they want to ride the conveyor belt in line for loot.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea what you're trying to suggest. That lucy spell description matches the P99 description exactly.

I'm assuming Magnification=100% is normal version, <100% is zoomed in, and >100% is zoomed out.

Telescope is Magnification=55% so it zooms in your vision by 45%.

Assiduous Vision is Magnification=130% so it zooms the camera out by 30%.

Where is the confusion here? Everything seems accurate to me.

The spell effect text for Assiduous Vision is "Your spirit drifts from your body." It's like an out of body experience type effect. So the zoom out effect even matches thematically.

IMO the only valid question is whether the player was prevented from casting Assiduous Vision on themselves in classic. You can definitely cast it on yourself in current live EQ so you'd have to prove that the targeting was changed in a patch somewhere.
Whatever "magnification" is it would make zero logic in either English or computer code that increasing it would magically have an opposite effect at lower levels than higher levels. The effect should be the same and proportional.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

This makes plenty of sense from a programming prospective; you probably multiply the angle for the field of view by the modifier. If you usually see in a 120 degree arc in front of you projected onto the monitor, Telescope would do 120 * 0.55 = 66 degrees, which is a smaller area so things get larger and you see a narrower area. Assiduous vision would then do the opposite.

This is consistent with how they implemented slows and haste as well. Togor's Insects is spell effect 11 capped at 30, while Speed of the Shissar is spell effect 11 set to 166. Its a % of original attack speed modification stat. Lucy helpfully splits it into slow and haste and inverts the slow, but if you look at the spell effects file its the same effect type.