Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People cant comprehend that a class can be completely worthless in leveling groups and the best raid tank, people that invite a warrior to my groups (my last one had 2) just makes me cringe and turns the group into a inefficient slog, they are just low damage non tanks who cant hold aggro or provide any utility whatsoever even monks tank better with their mend skill. people need to stop treating warriors like tanks during the "tank crisis" and treat them like a hybrid with no utility which is what they are in classic
People can't comprehend that once they add the third person to their group they are fucking their experience gain beyond belief. Then they say stupid shit like the above. Pro tip chief: who you put in the last couple of spots doesn't matter because no full group levels as fast as a duo.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People cant comprehend that a class can be completely worthless in leveling groups and the best raid tank, people that invite a warrior to my groups (my last one had 2) just makes me cringe and turns the group into a inefficient slog, they are just low damage non tanks who cant hold aggro or provide any utility whatsoever even monks tank better with their mend skill. people need to stop treating warriors like tanks during the "tank crisis" and treat them like a hybrid with no utility which is what they are in classic
I think learning to manage your aggro is just as important to non tanks as holding aggro is to a tank. If you can't adapt to your current group composition you're likely the problem, not the group.

Warriors are fine if you know how to play with one, sure they take a bit longer to get the mob's attention but they also save the group some mana and provide way more DPS than a paladin and probably an SK too. Personally I welcome warriors to any group I'm in and I say that as a paladin player. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Kobold

Ah yes, don't invite a group oriented class to groups so there aren't any at high levels. Smart.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

I think you confuse stupidity with “having fun and not being an asshole”.

Cool guys don’t care about min/maxing. In your scenario, you’re the problem OP.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Root solves this problem to a degree. Be creative, adapt.

Most group makeups right now will be non-ideal. Figure out how to make it work. That is some of the fun of green/teal IMO.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:54 PM
Kobold

I'd take 2 warriors over any class that OP is playing any day.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Why dont you just root the mob your warrior is tanking so he can tank it , root costs like 20 mana. Better than your rogue or ranger getting blasted.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You are a fuck, and you should post your character names so myself and the rest of us know to never group with you. I can't imagine you'd be any fun to play with as it is.

There *will* be a tank crisis if we don't give at least a little support to people who want to play a warrior from the start. I play a monk now, and my next class would be a warrior because I didn't want to play an ungeared warrior on a fresh server from the start...people who do that are the real MVP. No shit they don't have snap aggro like a hybrid, but a well played warrior is a great contribution.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

TC thinks this is wow and the warrior is the only one who controls who the mob attacks.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Aviak

ROFLMAO i can't believe this is a thread, good rant by the OP though, you can really hear his frustrations
Closed Thread