Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 08:13 PM
Kobold

Default Of Race and Religion

Hello. I’m kind of curious about religion, the matter of such being which race’s religion is best for them? Besides Agnosticism. For example, is Quellious better for an Erudite Paladin to worship than Prexus faction and item wise, or is it the other way around? Innoruuk or Bertoxxulous for a Human Cleric when it comes to evil worship? How about Rallos Zek for the odd warrior?
Old 11-28-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

halflings are the best race, and Bristlebane is the best god
Old 11-28-2019, 08:31 PM
Kobold

I always thought the agnostic option was pretty ridiculous in a world where magic is a veritably real thing.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s well and good, but I was meaning the best religion for each race and class
Old 11-28-2019, 08:46 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought the agnostic option was pretty ridiculous in a world where magic is a veritably real thing.
"Dude, you literally killed a god. You're wearing their loot!"

Agnostic: "Hmmmmm, I still don't know"
Old 11-28-2019, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I take it like agnostics acknowledge the existence of these Gods, just aren't sure about committing to worshiping them.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-29-2019, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s well and good, but I was meaning the best religion for each race and class
This information is available under every classes wiki page. Many of them have no real best choice, some will have deity based items of various usefulness mentioned.

Often agnostic is your best bet because religions just mess up your factions. I tend to pick one anyway because its more "fun" to have an affiliation. Chanters are supposed to go agnostic under all circumstances to make illusions and faction spells more useful.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

There is a tier of religions where if you can worship it, its probably the best. Here is the way it works

Veeshan >Solusek >Bristlebane = Rallos = Brell = Agnostic > Tunare = Innoruuk > Other Good > Other Evil

For the most part, Veeshan and Solusek are like Agnostic but with benefits. Bristlebane is like Agnostic but not with a whole lot of benefits. Rallos is close to agnostic but slightly more evil usually has cool armor. Tunare and Inny get many great items. Brell/Veeshan/Rallos/Tunare give special access to non KOS in some places.

It looks a little goofy to tier it that way, but only bards can worship Veeshan, and theres no downsides to doing so, and only benefits, so it sits on top. Solusek is the same sort of deal for Wizards. From there, it works out that way
Last edited by Cen; 11-29-2019 at 12:20 AM..
Old 11-29-2019, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bristlebane is probably my favorite diety, because it is the least ridiculously unrealistically black and white.

People don't tend to worship dieties they de facto consider "evil", even evil people. Its asinine :P
Last edited by Cen; 11-29-2019 at 12:17 AM..
Old 11-29-2019, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Therein lies the question! Are they truly a God, if they're able to be killed?
Closed Thread