Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:11 AM
Large Rat

Default Bard Mana Regen

I've got a 36 bard (Vulpine) on Green and I've been having a blast. I've been able to pull off a few AOE pulls successfully, but I have way more fun in a group, especially pulling. Pulling five gnolls in splitpaw and juggling multiples with charm just outside of camp while the party grinds them down one by one is the funnest experience I've had in this game so far and it feels slightly overpowered.

I've been able to get away with this method of charming with little to no downtime, since I'll usually spam health and mana regen during the pulls to keep the group topped up. I've been told that higher level charm costs mana, though, and I don't really understand how that works.

The wiki says that my next charm spell at level 39 ( https://wiki.project1999.com/Solon%2...tching_Bravura ) costs 20 mana.

Since I only have one point in meditate, how am I supposed to regen mana in between charms? What kind of impact can I expect this to have on my downtime?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2021, 08:52 AM
Skeleton

Bards regen 1 mana point every 6s and thats it. Clarity doesnt work on bards, mana song also doesnt works.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:02 AM
Large Rat

Do I need to be sitting to regen that one nana? Am i right in assuming I'll have a maximum of 100 mana forever?
Old 03-23-2021, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

You do not need to sit to regen the 1 mana per tick. Charm and one of your random nukes cost mana.
Last edited by mattydef; 03-23-2021 at 12:55 PM..
Old 03-23-2021, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratweed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do I need to be sitting to regen that one nana? Am i right in assuming I'll have a maximum of 100 mana forever?
Nah, once you lose your nana they are gone forever. RIP.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worn FT does affect bards. Remeber that when a caster flames you for winning a CT Brain someday.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worn FT does affect bards. Remeber that when a caster flames you for winning a CT Brain someday.
This is true, but a 36 Bard will not be getting an FT item anytime soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As you can see from just the FT1 list, most of the items are for casters only, and they mostly drop off very high-end raid mobs.

Not a bard, so I might be missing an item, but I think the Shawl would be the easiest item for a 36 to pursue ... but even they'd need at least ten levels to do the quest (and, at the very least, the assistance of a 60 druid to get the tooth from SG) ... and they would need to spend a lot of time on tradeskills: https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain...r_Shawl_Quests

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:26 PM
Orc

I did say. Someday.

The Eye of Cazic, CT Brain, 7th Shawl and Buckler of Insight are the only 4 Bard wearable FT Items available on P99.
Last edited by Hibren; 03-23-2021 at 06:31 PM..
Closed Thread