Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 10:37 AM
Kobold

everyone plays for their own reasons i play cause i like being able to farm/camp what i want without /list and now i would never go back to non pvp EQ
Old 05-10-2021, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do people play on red to solo or to actually pvp
Like the above I'd say to not /list and deal with RMT pharmers like green and blue, and some people might go for the easier EXP. Other people because even trashed PVP server is better than no PVP. It's hard to look at stupid ass PVE items with no resists the way you used to when you're on a non PVP server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Worst part about red is that you wont find out how psychotic the server is untill u hit 54 or so.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I think that applies to all P99 servers. Gotta figure the creame of the psychopath crop claws its way to the top in a place like this.

Thats why I think for the next PVP server it should be like the live "Discord" server that resets regularly (minimum RMT opportunities worth doing on permadeath temporary server) OR a vanilla only server. Both options allow a very different less psychotic playstyle than current crop of servers.

Its a post- live problem not a live problem. It's just the playerbase that can't let go of everquest seems to want to "Win" at all costs, which means losing hardest in real life.

On permadeath, winning is temporary.

On vanilla, winning is comparably easy, so it might feel different. But still probably will need to recycle.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Vanilla only teams with an extremely short life span wouldbe best. Super slow xp would help to keep the fights noobish longer like maybe 9+ slows down then getss slower each spell level. Maybe even a little boost pre nine could be something cool. Permadeath would be pretty lame cause it makes every one a super bitch
Last edited by HalflingSpergand; 05-10-2021 at 01:08 PM..
Old 05-10-2021, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Permadeath is weird its a special experience not something you want to be doing all the time with the grind that EQ is.

I don't like talking about non classic stuff because of flamers but I think that having level caps that progessively get raised would be the best way to do a PVP server. Keeping people capped at 10 then capped at 15 then capped at 20 would make a lot of fun PVP action and difference classes would be really strong at different points based on gear and level.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ironically for me... the OOC is actually the biggest appeal of Red. When you play on Blue, it's extremely quiet and lonely... on red it feels like there's always someone talking. Makes the game feel less desolate.
Funny, all the players on Green/Blue do the same to make it feel less Desolate for me... Shrug
Closed Thread