Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 05:12 AM
Aviak

Default Porting viable to make pp?

Hi all!

I am thinking of creating my char for money making, could you give me an advice if it is a viablevoption to work as porter?

If so, which level do I need to get on my druid to be useful in thie regard?
Old 05-20-2021, 06:49 AM
Fire Giant

I had a 34 wiz porter and he made decent plat but I also don't really need a crazy amount of money.

Druid is better because people want a port with sow. 34 should be a decent level to stop. May have to move around to try to get more business than the higher levels. AFK in EC works decent if cash is slow. It won't be amazing money but it will be money.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:51 AM
Banned

for making small amounts of easy plat yes, if you want real money level a shaman or enchanter to 60 and camp money drops at solo camps in chardok or sirens grotto
Old 05-20-2021, 08:28 AM
Aviak

I should have added the info that I try to avoid the very high leveling of a farming char because of time issues.

I would be very happy if my main reaches LVL 60 in the next year(s) :-)

So the option would be to choose a main which also can farm (like a Shaman) or level a Druid into the medium levels (like 34 as you wrote) to use this as steady source of income.

Maybe when the Ice Continent gets opened on green, there will be more requests for ports as well...

Difficult decision to make :-/
Old 05-20-2021, 02:46 PM
Aviak

You can level a toon to 50 and get nodrop planar gear in half the time it would take to port for plat and buy the droppable equivalence.

I did this way back, make a porting alt for plat, it was a waste of time imho.

You should have a Porter to mid 30’s so you can pick up replacement tanks and stuff: you’ll make lots of friends who want to group with you because you’re a team player and keep the exp flowing smoothly. Sure, if you’re bored or half afk you can make a /ooc macro. You’ll never catch me in ooc though- I’d rather spend my time getting exp and skill ups.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:15 AM
Fire Giant

I think there are two types of players. Those who think the bar of how much gear they should have is 50k.

And then there are others who think the amount of gear they need is 500pp-2k. If you are looking for that, then porting is worth it.

And then vanilla pros who look down on all of us, and think they should never twink a char. I wonder if that guild is still around?
Old 05-21-2021, 09:33 PM
Kobold

port plat depends entirely on the donations. I usually tip 70-150 (more if im asking for other stuff) but I dont think most people are that high.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 05-21-2021, 10:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
port plat depends entirely on the donations. I usually tip 70-150 (more if im asking for other stuff) but I dont think most people are that high.
I give them 2-5 pieces of beer braised wolf.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:21 PM
Banned

on the blue server, yes

on green, just make a mage/shaman/enchanter to farm items or gems etc
Old 05-22-2021, 12:04 AM
Banned

Two themes coincide on this forum: “it’s not about the end, it’s about the journey”

And

“There is never any point to slowing down exp for the sake of pp. Just power to 60 like you are doing one of those Twitch charity fundraiser marathon streams and then make your pp”

I slowed way the F down in my 30’s to make pp, partly because my character happened to hit a power spike at 29. I’ve been level 40 for about 3 weeks now, but I’ve made 4K pp in that time. And I don’t mind the fact that my pp/hour is not what it would be at 60 because I like these zones and how the char happens to perform at these levels vs the mobs I choose to go after
Closed Thread