Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadoipi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please pay people in DaP well! From my experience in DaP, too many high level players tip 10-30pp instead of the standard minimum baseline of pp/lvl. This is why all too often a /who all dial only returns Dialor and members of <Dial a Daniel>.
IMO minimum of a pp per level is pretty ridiculous if you’re not on Blue. Depending on the class you could be level 60 and not have infinite amounts of plat on Green.

If I walk up to the WC Druid rings and you’re sitting there watching Netflix and spamming an /ooc about ports why should I pay you 60pp for clicking a button while you binge watch TV? I’m not saying I would stiff you but I think 30-35pp is totally reasonable.

Edit: and that’s speaking as someone who maimed a Druid on Blue. Expecting one pp per level is kind of unreasonable and was never what you got tipped on live. I mean hell for years on live most people tipped 10-15pp per port lol
Old 05-28-2021, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO minimum of a pp per level is pretty ridiculous if you’re not on Blue. Depending on the class you could be level 60 and not have infinite amounts of plat on Green.
Ports are a privilege not a right.

If you can't afford 1p per level, you best start walking.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ports are a privilege not a right.

If you can't afford 1p per level, you best start walking.
Thanks Mr. alt right
Old 05-28-2021, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Mr. alt right
Your mind is so small you need to categorize people in order to make sense of the world around you. Fun fact, I'm not alt right, bad try.

I've paid 1p per level for every port, for every character I had on p99. Special cases I'd pay 100p+ such as picking me up or picking up another person at a ring.

Being an Adult is not difficult if you're mature and make smart choices. Such as having a budget and plan for the future.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your mind is so small you need to categorize people in order to make sense of the world around you. Fun fact, I'm not alt right, bad try.

I've paid 1p per level for every port, for every character I had on p99. Special cases I'd pay 100p+ such as picking me up or picking up another person at a ring.

Being an Adult is not difficult if you're mature and make smart choices. Such as having a budget and plan for the future.
I can play pretend too it’s fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2021, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can play pretend too it’s fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
grow the fuck up dude
Old 05-28-2021, 02:27 AM
Aviak

I'm level 60 and always pay around 30-40p for a port.
I tell how much I'll pay with my port request.
I've never had anyone decline this amount of plat...
Old 05-28-2021, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

If I walk up to the WC Druid rings and you’re sitting there watching Netflix and spamming an /ooc about ports why should I pay you 60pp for clicking a button while you binge watch TV? I’m not saying I would stiff you but I think 30-35pp is totally reasonable.

Edit: and that’s speaking as someone who maimed a Druid on Blue. Expecting one pp per level is kind of unreasonable and was never what you got tipped on live. I mean hell for years on live most people tipped 10-15pp per port lol
This is why people stop porting. 1p per level is incredibly reasonable for all the time and effort I, or any other porter, is saving you - especially since a druid is going to toss you a SoW, aside from the lev and/or invis you may need as well. What does it matter what the porter is doing outside of the game? You're paying for the service, the same as you would a rez.

Project 1999 is not Live 1999. People have far more platinum on here than most ever did on Live, myself included. We know all the money-making spots now. It's not very difficult to accrue the amount of money needed to cover ports on the server. I did it twice as an ALS character without any problem - and if I couldn't, I took the boat.

Just my 2c.
Last edited by Indecisive; 05-28-2021 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Old 05-28-2021, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why people stop porting. 1p per level is incredibly reasonable for all the time and effort I, or any other porter, is saving you - especially since a druid is going to toss you a SoW, aside from the lev and/or invis you may need as well. What does it matter what the porter is doing outside of the game? You're paying for the service, the same as you would a rez.

Project 1999 is not Live 1999. People have far more platinum on here than most ever did on Live, myself included. We know all the money-making spots now. It's not very difficult to accrue the amount of money needed to cover ports on the server. I did it twice as an ALS character without any problem - and if I couldn't, I took the boat.

Just my 2c.
To each their own I suppose. I find 30pp or so to be completely reasonable when I port people, and that’s on blue which has so much plat in circulation. I’m clicking a button while I’m semi AFK, I’m not working a full time job in game
Old 05-28-2021, 12:26 PM
Aviak

As a new(er) player to P99 and someone who has only played on Green, being level 60 and only paying 30pp for a port is pretty stingy, IMO.

My main/highest level character is only 35 and I have ~3kpp in the bank. That is without doing any of the popular cash camps like Treants, OOT, or Sisters in LFay.

A level 60 could easily raise 100pp in a few minutes of play...
Closed Thread