Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-10-2022, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did we just win the internet?
The last thing I will say is this has never been about "winning" (at least, not for me). I just want to get the correct information out to new players. Unfortunately many peoples idea of "winning" in this thread is spreading skewed information due to their love for a specific class, or misunderstandings of mechanics like DPS. It isn't helping anyone. That is why I am discontinuing the thread. Objectivity has been lost, and "winning" is what people care about now, not proper information.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Magician most underpowered in Kunark/Velious. Thread closed.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

enchanter, bard, shaman and monk are OP. Mage, druid, ranger, pally, sk being mentioned here are all super strong. The only lackluster class is warrior and rogue, especially in classic. They get strong with gear and raiding, and are more or less bereft of any capabilities on their own(without a shit-ton of gear) atleast the rog can move to the group.
Sure some classes have little use in a raid but come on they have so much utility and uses in a ton of other situations(and solo).
Old 08-10-2022, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My inner newb is about to blossom …
Cut me some slack it has been years …

Remind me about this quad DA thing?
As Jimjam suggested casters can do Earring of the Frozen Skull -> DA Idol for a double DA, and mages can do Frozen Skull -> Sky ring -> Sky ring (recharged) -> Idol for a quad DA.

This leads to some really cool "we wouldn't have won that dragon without da trains" moments in ToV.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

That reminds me of something I wanted to test, I think it might be viable to have a mage solo ramp tank anything with corpsed box of the voids....though I guess I don't remember if you can loot a body while DA. I think so though? Need to test that sometime.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

I hear you can kill the Sleeper if you corpse enough magician epics at Yeli's lair, and no other guilds play on the same server as you do.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

If you look at raw population numbers, it's usually Paladin or Ranger at the bottom. Wizard is usually pretty close as well. So it got me thinking about adding together the raiding AND non-raiding (e.g. leveling, farming) power levels. With this mindset, I think it might be Ranger.

Logic:

Leveling the Paladin is a better as a MT 50-60. For farming, a Paladin can tank well enough and with DW BP and Soulfire solo some nasty stuff. They also pair reasonably well with Ench. On the Ranger, your farming options are more using tracking and farming greens. 55+ you get kind of wrecked face tanking without some serious gear, and no one is inviting you to their HS group.

Raiding: Rangers get WS, COTP, solid DPS, and track is occasionally useful. Paladins get DA, DS, Soulfire/LoH and can tank trash better. However, WS is soo good that it's close. I think it's advantage Ranger, but not enough to offset the non-raiding aspect.

I still think Warrior/Rogue are pretty bad, but their required status for raiding and their unoffensive 50-60 grouping story gives them a leg up, imho. I can also see a case for SK/Wiz if someone wants to make the argument.
Last edited by Keebz; 08-10-2022 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-10-2022, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Did we just win the internet?
Thankfully he said he’s done with the thread so we don’t have to read his self important essay length posts
Old 08-10-2022, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That reminds me of something I wanted to test, I think it might be viable to have a mage solo ramp tank anything with corpsed box of the voids....though I guess I don't remember if you can loot a body while DA. I think so though? Need to test that sometime.
You can loot while DA.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

I just checked /who all counts and equating unpopularity to underpowedness the players have voted paladin.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung