Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-30-2023, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20020323012918/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=43&mid=1002738069205

Quote:
Picture Included Izera N'Kar 55 - 55 Quest NPC
Quote:
RE: Who is Izera N'Kar? By: Anonymous
Posted @ Wed, Oct 10th 2:21 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
I think this NPC is either seriously broken or seiously strange. I'm a lvl 50 cleric (good) and she scowls, yet won't attack. She also says something about meat

when I hail her.
However, I was with a higher lvl high elf paladin who only got something to the effect of "leave" when he hailed her. Again, she didn't attack him. In

fact, she didn't even fight back when he started in on her. With sword and spells, he did about 2k in damage...her health bar didn't even move. Something

tells me that Verant hasn't finished her yet and decided to put her in the game anyway (which Verant has a track record for doing). Either that or she's a new type of quest

NPC. This was on the Povar server.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020321180029/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6956

Quote:
Izera N'Kar
Quest NPC
Picture of Izera N'Kar
Minimum Level: 55 Maximum Level:55
Known Habitats:
Southern Desert of Ro
Quote:
20 threads, 1 page(s) long
Despawn? Reply... By: Driz,
1 posts
Posted @ Sat, Mar 2nd 5:15 AM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]
I was workin on my 2hs and 2hb with my war tonight for bout an hour and i never did see her despawn. Actually it seems after a certain period of time she will move to 4

points in sro. I didnt bother to get the locs just followed her around but at each point she stayed for a bit.
One location is in the sand where most people usually see her

and the other three are spots near trees in the woods in sro. Yeah she does riposite but as long as you stay in back of her you should be ok =)

Mercenaries never die. We just go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
[Top]
skill practice Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Thu, Feb 7th 12:54 PM 2002 Score: Default[2.00]
I tried her out with my ranger to see what would happen. Dont stand in front of her she will hit you on occasion. Just stand behind her and she wont hit back. As far as

spawn time goes its irregular. I have had her spawn as fast as 5 EQ hrs and as long as 15 EQ hrs. Hope this helps some.
Quote:
[Top]
Riposte Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sun, Feb 3rd 11:38 AM 2002 Score: Default[2.00]
Actually yes it is safe....that is called riposte...just stand behind her and you are fine
Quote:
[Top]
will respond to attack Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Wed, Jan 30th 10:07 PM 2002 Score: Default[2.00]
I was using her for weapon skill training on 2HB as she would not attack in the past. Last night she got my attention with 151 points of piercing damage to my 32 ranger

after several minutes of wacking on her. I backed off and she did not continue attacking but immediately started her walk towards the spires. So practicing weapons skills

on this NPC is not so safe anymore.

Quote:
[Top]
for sure she can not be killed Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Wed, Jan 30th 3:45 PM 2002 Score: Default[2.00]
About 50people 47+ were waiting to go port out to hate. and while the leaders where organizing they all decided to go try to kill her. everyone was on her for 10min and

her bar did not move more than what looked like an illusion of a slivver
then poped right back. SHE CANT BE KILLED
Quote:
[Top]
armor Reply... By: Milkybrat,
8 posts
Posted @ Tue, Jan 29th 6:30 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]
ok her quest is broken but someone please please tell me the important info---- whats armor is she wearing?????? hehe I have to get a set
Quote:
[Top]
Its a texture set we don't get, primodial malice quest Reply... By: natsuko, Scholar
375 posts
Posted @ Mon, Feb 18th 6:57 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.24]

Velious chain (or plate) on a dark elf female does not look like this. Its just a texture set reserved for npcs I guess.

Now, if you have luclin models on, since velious armors are not implemented on them she simply has the new luclin regular chain texture on.

They now have removed the primordial malice NPCS in the mtn rathe zone, obviiously because the quest is broken and people like me keep bothering to bring her the

note patch after patch to find its still broken and petition/write the dev board. So perhaps now that verant is possibly fixing them, she will have a use (that being a reaction

and continuation of the quest when you give her the note, if they fix it)

Its kind of sad though because my dark elf and other people with primoridal malice faction could also train at those npcs =/ The way she raised primordial malice was

continually killing gix in wc and dorn in nro, this brought her to amiable with primordial malice and only down to apprehensive with their factions (the necro sk guild of

neriak and the warrior guild)

Sometime, as with the punching bag gnome they fixed in freeport, its likely someone will get a big surprise when she attacks.. for a lot of damage.. after a fix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hi hi LA~
Quote:
[Top]
Great Practice Reply... By: cryi,
14 posts
Posted @ Wed, Dec 26th 3:21 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
Some guildies and I weere in S Ro camping th AC, she would pop in and out on a regular basis. After being bored out of are mind we decide to play with her, we found

out that she will not attack, she is a great person to attack to imporve you offense and weapon skills whill waiting for your spawns

Megil <The Crew of Destiny>
Wood-Elf Druid
Povar Server
Quote:
[Top]
RE: Great Practice Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Wed, Mar 6th 11:33 AM 2002 Score: Default[2.00]
Late response to your post but it bears mentioning

She cons "Ready to Attack" to my level 49 Wood Elf Druid.

You're saying that even if you attack her, she won't attack back? I don't think you are giving accurate information.
Quote:
[Top]
Good news Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Dec 25th 1:29 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Hehe, i manage to obtain the instructions today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

After giving her the letter, just ask "What instructions", and here you go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well, i don't know more sadly, if anyone have precise information on ingredients and how to mix them will come in handy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
[Top]
Infinite hitpoints? Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, Nov 24th 7:40 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
This girlie cannot be hurt.

Myself and a Shaman whacked on her for approximately 30 minutes and her health bar did not move. Bear in mind that this Shaman had his epic and I had a Sand Giant

charmed tanking for me.
Quote:
[Top]
Broken Quest Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Wed, Nov 21st 5:21 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Tried doing the quest on Fennin, a GM told me the quest was broken. So we'll have to wait and see what comes from it. Have a feeling that the Teir`dal Surveyor may be

a part of this quest too...maybe you have to fetch that heart for Izera?
Quote:
[Top]
Info Reply... By: Mjolinir, Scholar
26 posts
Posted @ Mon, Nov 19th 10:50 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
Anyone have more info on this quest? i gave her the letter from Rathe Mountains and absolutely nothing happened.
Quote:
[Top]
Kewl Reply... By: Undomirie,
1 posts
Posted @ Thu, Nov 8th 9:58 AM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
Great... some meat to rise my ability with the new brand mace i扉e got for my bard hehehe.
There should be one like this in every zone lol.

Amratoth - Bard of the 36th simphony
Quote:
[Top]
Primal Malice Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Nov 6th 6:29 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
She's one of Lanys T'Vil follower and want a letter from the Temple of Primal Malice in Rathe Mountains
Quote:
[Top]
WEAPON PRACTICE! Reply... By: Jeviic,
20 posts
Posted @ Sat, Oct 20th 11:20 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
Not only can you not hurt her, but she dont fight back! ( she does repost though)...An excellent way to improve neglected weapons skill in safety. Now allowing tanks to

get skill up the easy way, kinda like casters repeatedly casting 1st lvl spells over and over to get skill up...Pretty darn neat!
Quote:
[Top]
Dumb Bitch Wont DIE! Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Wed, Oct 17th 9:20 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
a couple of my friends were running through Sro from guk and we saw her. We thought it was a GM event so we called our guild in. But since she was on here, prolly

not. We got her down visibly before but she has some crazy regen

BTW it was like 20 40+people on that thing

Phlux 47 monk, and your daddy
Quote:
[Top]
Quest Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Oct 16th 6:30 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Apprehensively to me (agnos, gnome mage):

"Izera N'kar thumbs the pommel of the large dagger fixed to her belt as she studies Zenius, clearly unimpressed. Most fortunate for you, I am currently not in need of

Gnome Flesh. Move along, before the need for such item arises."

She despawned shortly after.
Quote:
[Top]
want to know Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Oct 16th 6:20 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
she is a women that won't die there was about 15 people on here all diffrent lvls and didn't move her HP once and she didn't even fight back i have no idea what is up with

her but i want to fin dout
Quote:
[Top]
Info Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Oct 16th 12:05 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
55th Level (white con) =)

Spawned at loc : -41.88, 48.40, -23.42
Almost.. =).. she's KOS I got about 40ft away from her and did /loc
Old 07-11-2023, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

I've located an Ezboard thread with quest text for several NPCs involved, and first hand accounts of their spawn/behaviours etc.

Captain L`Rei in Rathe Mountains text, plus various NPC emotes in the camp:

Quote:
Go to the drake area in Rathe Mountains, new DE settlement there

---

[Thu Oct 11 14:24:12 2001] You say, 'Hail, Captain L`Rei'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:12 2001] Captain L`Rei narrows his eyes sharply to the Dark Elf standing before him, his lip giving a gentle curl of his unveiled irritation. 'By your abrupt and careless approach, I see that you have yet to become acquainted with the ways of the [Primordial Malice]. Such an offense shall be disregarded by an outsider only once, and be grateful that it was I and not [his grace] to whom you presented such audacity.'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:23 2001] You say, 'what primordial malice?'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:23 2001] Captain L`Rei releases the soft hint of irritation from his features and briefly waves an armored hand toward the camp. 'We are the Primordial Malice. A group of loyal servants dedicated to the [restoration of our Dark Lady], Lanys T'Vyl, and the preservation of her irreplaceable glory through the burning spite that binds our loyalty. Though we are few when compared to our enemy and this small temple is all we have retained after the Dark Lady's loss, our faith and the strength of our blades are not to be trifled with.'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:27 2001] You say, 'What about his grace?'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:27 2001] Captain L`Rei says ''The Archon, Mardeus N'Vidi, is our sovereign leader. He is the one who gathered us when Innoruuk condemned the Dark Lady. However, you are an outsider to us and it would not be wise to approach him. He is our loyalty, our faith, our distrust, and the voice of Malice.'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:39 2001] You say, 'what about the restoration of our Dark Lady?'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:39 2001] Captain L`Rei smirks darkly from the corner of his lips and shakes his head gently. 'Such information is not privileged to outsiders. However, you seem to retain some interest in us and given our numbers and the [Call of Malice] that guides us, we are always willing to extend our sermon to those who would heed the call. Perhaps you would be of a mind to attempt to [prove yourself to our ranks] and in turn for your success, devotion, and sacrifices. . . the call may seek you.'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:51 2001] You say, 'What call of Malice?'
[Thu Oct 11 14:24:51 2001] Captain L`Rei closes his eyes and bows his head briefly as if in recognition of something sacred before quickly returning his eye to (players name). 'The Call is not for my voice to speak, nor is it for your ears to receive. When and if the Call beckons, you shall know it as no other.'
[Thu Oct 11 14:25:28 2001] You say, 'I will prove myself to your ranks'
[Thu Oct 11 14:25:28 2001] Captain L`Rei says ''We shall judge your actions as they come to us, Mojak . Seek out Xjari V'Iyr within the camp and give her this letter. It is my recommendation for your trials.'
[Thu Oct 11 14:25:55 2001] Acolyte Xjari V`Iyr reads quickly through the note before nodding sharply to Mojak . 'Well then, I see you have caught the eye of the Captain's recruitment. You are most fortunate to be considered for these trials, outsider. However, do not think for a moment that your collective tasks will be of any ease. Take this message to Izera N'Kar. She can be found in the southern desert during the evening hours. She will provide further commands as to your duties. And mind her well, outsider, for she is equally as deadly with her poisoned dagger as she is knowledgeable in her art.'
[Thu Oct 11 14:25:59 2001] Risalis Arnilion begins to cast a spell.
[Thu Oct 11 14:25:59 2001] Aeska L`Rei begins to cast a spell.
[Thu Oct 11 14:26:00 2001] Mojak saved.
[Thu Oct 11 14:26:03 2001] Acolyte Xjari V`Iyr begins to radiate.
[Thu Oct 11 14:26:17 2001] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Thu Oct 11 14:26:19 2001] You say, 'Hail, Archon Mardeus N`Vidi'
[Thu Oct 11 14:26:20 2001] Archon Mardeus N`Vidi narrows his eyes in a very quick and brief study of Mojak , his bitterly emotionless demeanor unchanged as he speaks in a calm, dark tone, 'We are not impressed by your presumptuous behavior, outsider. The arrogant and obtuse are blindly bold to approach the anointed Archon when the Malice that he governs has yet to find it suitable for a grant of trust. Both characteristics that you have exampled are unwelcome in our domain. Move along, Mojak . Continue your search for the Call in modesty and obedience. Perhaps then you may find yourself at our service in due time.'
Izera N`Kar in South Ro:

Quote:
[Mon Oct 08 23:20:59 2001] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Mon Oct 08 23:21:00 2001] You say, 'Hail, Izera N`Kar'
[Mon Oct 08 23:21:01 2001] Izera N`Kar thumbs the pommel of the large dagger fixed to her belt as she studies Aluvinn , clearly unimpressed. 'Most fortunate for you, I am currently not in need of Half Elf flesh. Move along, before the need for such an item arises.'

She is a dark elf in gold velious armor.
I am scowling to her. She cons blue, but will not attack.

---

Where in south ro?

---

Roams north of the tower South into the forest... then back again.... rinse repeat.... was not up for about 20 mins when i got in the zone... so i started killing stuff praying for the AC... guildmate told me she spawned. sure enough, just north of the tower. there she was

---

Damm fine person to practice weapon skills on too. she never attacks back and is 55ish... only damage I took was from ripostes. Raised 1hb and 1hs considerably [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quest info, new quest mobs in Nektulos and Innothule:

Quote:
I made some further progress on this quest. It seems that there at least two new mobs in Norrath, A DE in Nek forest (a tier'dal surveyor) who drops a "priest of innurok's heart", and a troll SK in Inno swamp who drops "arterial blood". When you ask Izera about these things she responds with some backround text describing the mobs they dropped from, so they are definitely related to the quest. The implication is that at least these two (perhaps more) items need to be collected and handed in.

I also had a lvl 1 ogre go in and talk to the DEs in RM on the test server, and this time a letter was handed over by the acolyte to give to Izera. Unfortunately the woods in Feerot and SRO were crawling with player controlled NPCs (the new toy on the test server), and I couldn't make it to Izera.

It does seem that the quest is fixed on Test, however, so I expect that the fix will go live in the next patch.
https://web.archive.org/web/20011225...cID=3034.topic
Old 07-24-2023, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

I stumbled upon a fantastic lore forum with lots of direct quest text for many of these NPCs. Also includes camp locs, mob info, etc etc. Really detailed.

Also screenshots of the camps, like the attached.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010619...opicID=6.topic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000073.jpg (21.8 KB, 0 views)
Last edited by Dolalin; 07-24-2023 at 05:49 PM..