Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Red face A Re-Introduction

I stopped playing p99 a few months ago in favor of other games, namely WoW, TERA and Rift. I liked Rift the most, but after getting to about level 20, it worried me that I could barely remember any zones I had gone through since creation. With EQ I had the route from Kelethin to Kaladim permanently branded into my head at level 12. I think it's time to head back to EQ and give it another shot.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:06 PM
Aviak

Question: Did Velious kill the server? I mean, the population can only go down from here, right?
Old 07-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Banned

Huh?
Old 07-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Aviak

The chat in gfay wasn't lively like it was 3 months ago, and even more alarmingly, there were no corpses next to the PoD in Felwithe! NONE! That's not a good sign.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Banned

Depends on what time of day you are playing I suppose. Still can't answer your previous post because I don't know what you mean.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajurai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The chat in gfay wasn't lively like it was 3 months ago, and even more alarmingly, there were no corpses next to the PoD in Felwithe! NONE! That's not a good sign.
Sooooo recently I saw this crazy wood elf flinging himself at the PoD over and over again, arranging his corpses just so, and then asking for a rez (he was level 1)...

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-27-2015, 02:07 AM
Aviak

It will probably get a little quieter next week if Velious does arrive with everyone hopping on their mains but anyways, welcome to the fun! Blue is pretty booming.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Velious is not EVEN out yet.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not sure how it could kill the server. There will be probably 2,000 people playing on here I bet when it does come out in the beginning of August. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Right now you are lucky to even get into a group in the popular zones right now in prime time due to too many people.

You are either in the wrong zone or the wrong time zone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

The population in low lvl zones may go down once Velious drops. Lots of people will go on their main/higher lvl chars to experience that content. But the server population will go up.

If I actually have time to play (haven't been able to for the past 3-4 weeks) I will log on my lvl 12 cleric and try to exp in lowbie zones. My reasoning: the only people in these zones will be the people that just came to P99 and I would like to play with them instead of the people that have been here forever.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Kobold

Watch how many people are in NRO on lanch day,that boat going down like the titanic.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Closed Thread