Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Large Rat

Still having issues with Mac install... Probably because I keep trying to install the same patch for the past two days with wishful thinking that for some reason it'll work, but in reality it's the same broken patch.

I'm having withdrawals and would really appreciate this issue being addressed as I am not the only Mac user with this issue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean I wish I could complain about the buff timers with everyone, but I can't even get into the game period.

IT COULD BE WORSE.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting this error on one of my installs. But it's the one that has an old HQ texture upgrade pack that someone made (made certain races have nicer detail for some armors). Perhaps the new Luclin blocking checks now block that aswell, which seems silly. But it wasn't like I was using it much anyhow, just running the install without it for now and I'll roll it back on the other later.
Odd, a second attempt at installing the patch seems to have fixed it. I don't think I did anything wrong on the previous extraction, go figure.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Aviak

Been playing on my iMac with no issues.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

There are serious pathing issues, mainly mobs warping between floors in KC. Needs to be fixed ASAP considering some friends petitions were denied for rezzes due to said issues.

Not a good move whomever the GM was. Very unorthodox and disrespectful to the community.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 08-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

gms rez people on blue?

you would think with 1k+ players, someone would have a cleric in or around kc.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

"There are serious pathing issues, mainly mobs warping between floors in KC."

There are some pathing problems in Velketor's as well, also which seem to be caused at least partly by Z-axis problems. Some of the resulting trains cause parts of the zone to shut down for five to ten minutes while everything slowly resets. I'm just glad I can feign.

Danth
Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Quote:
Nilbog: Mojax Hikspin drops the correct note needed for 'Message Intercept'
Thanks Nilbog!
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 08-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666sixsixsix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still having issues with Mac install... Probably because I keep trying to install the same patch for the past two days with wishful thinking that for some reason it'll work, but in reality it's the same broken patch.
Works on mac with wine just fine. You can do a fresh install or use existing installation folder just fine.
The only thing you need to do is change is set VertexShaders=FALSE in the eqclient.ini.
Which is the same thing required to get the current LIVE client working. They both work fine in wine on mac.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiewoowoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Works on mac with wine just fine. You can do a fresh install or use existing installation folder just fine.
The only thing you need to do is change is set VertexShaders=FALSE in the eqclient.ini.
Which is the same thing required to get the current LIVE client working. They both work fine in wine on mac.
Mac user here. Tried this, and it didn't fix the problem. I'll try a fresh install.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Large Bat

Complete bummer about the buff timers. Considering it went active mid way thru Kunark. And we are now in velious.

Hopefully you will change it back. I know it hurt your donation pool already.
Closed Thread