Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:39 AM
Aviak

Default Ranger Call of Flame quest problem

Hi There!
I've just dinged my ranger 50, and wanted to start the Call of Flame quest.
I talk to Lilly Ashwood and when I get to the 'Who is Ganelorn Oast?' part I cannot proceed. I get from her the response of "I'm sorry, I don't trust you with such a task."
Tried to ask 'How do I call upon the flames?', as well, and received the same response.
Any idea if it's a bug or something else? She isn't listed as having a faction and cons amiable to me.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

I Believe you need to ask that question to her brother. That should allow you to continue the dialogue.
Hope that helps.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

When you ask about Ganelorn, make sure you have Devin targetted.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Aviak

OK thanks for the replies! I'll give it another shot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

yes that exchange takes some re-reading on the p99 wiki, you need to hail one then then other, you need to target the right person for the right dialogue, and it involves some back and forth.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

I did this quest just last week and ran into the same issue as the OP. A bit of looking through the threads returned on a search for "call of flame" found:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=call+of+flame post #3 in that thread (nilbog's post) gives the solution.

When Lily makes the wrong text response, saying "I'm sorry, I don't trust you with such a task." in response to "Who is Ganelorn Oast", simply proceed as if she had made the correct response and say "I'll take the letter". If you are a L50+ ranger she'll thank you and give you the letter and you can proceed.

The quest behaves correctly except for that one misplaced line of text (that's what Lily is supposed to say if you tell her "I'll take the letter" and you're not a ranger.)
Old 08-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Lily makes the wrong text response, saying "I'm sorry, I don't trust you with such a task." in response to "Who is Ganelorn Oast", simply proceed as if she had made the correct response and say "I'll take the letter". If you are a L50+ ranger she'll thank you and give you the letter and you can proceed.

The quest behaves correctly except for that one misplaced line of text (that's what Lily is supposed to say if you tell her "I'll take the letter" and you're not a ranger.)
Fixed the text response for not being trusted.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Kind of cruel to make this lvl 49 spell a lvl 50+ only quest. Also if anyone is curious, the spell IS trade-able.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of cruel to make this lvl 49 spell a lvl 50+ only quest. Also if anyone is curious, the spell IS trade-able.
At least it's a useful spell and an inexpensive quest. Pretty rare that anything for a non-Bard hybrid in this era is actually decent.