Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default Another class question: Bards and Charisma

I have a bad habit of creating tons of alts so I often ask questions about many classes. Well, I decided to mess on a bard now.

My question is, exactly how much impact does charisma have on bard songs?

I have sent random tells to some 60 bards, and one in particular who always has been helpful in the game and seems to be very knowledgeable told me that basically he found absolutely no difference between high charisma and low charisma regarding his lulls, mezzes, etc.

He also stressed that raw hps, sta, resists were best for survivability purposes. Again, he said cha was one of his least worried about stats.

I believe the guy, I just want to hear what other 60 bards have experienced when it comes to lulls and mezzes and their charisma.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

I never stressed cha. You'll get decent cha eventually since a lot of bard items have cha, but I agree that raw HP, sta, and to a lesser extent (since 255 cap) resists are more important. I think my bard had like 140ish cha while I was leveling him and I never had a problem with lull resists.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Banned

It does make a difference, but the use cases usually aren't enough to drive your gear selection. It's worth it to keep a few big charisma pieces when you want to lull your way through sebilis or something.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:24 PM
Aviak

One of the only applications where I've noticed CHA having a significant effect was lulling in places like Seb. As I understand, when you hit a mob with your lull, whether or not the lull lands is determined in much the same way as offensive spells (level, resists, etc.). However, if the lull is determined to be resisted, it can be a standard resist (mob just isn't lulled), or a crit resist (aggro, most likely with adds). The difference between a standard and crit resist, so I've been told, is determined by your CHA.

If that's wrong, I'd love for somebody to set the record straight.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Ok thanks. So leveling up I imagine most of the time I will be more concerned with my AE mezz landing. Will a charisma of 100ish be good enough or will I be seeing my mez bounce off mobs regularly from 20-50?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

In my own personal experience - in Sebilis specifically - Charisma made little difference in successfull lulls, resists or critical resists while levels made ALL the difference. I noticed a huge difference in my ability to successfully lull there at 59 over level 55 but little difference when I was level 55 and would stack Charisma with gear/buffs.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

The AE mez song is intended to actually stop working as you level up. It's intended to be replaced by the level 27 Crission's Pixie Strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They changed it due to the mass mezzing of Karnor's during Venril Sathir slaying. They claim to make it classic, but either way the implementation is that there is a negative resist check modifier against the casters level, which means the higher level the bard is, the more likely it is for that song to fail (on top of higher level mobs resisting more often than lower level mobs). You're L34...use Pixie Strike.
See this thread for more.

And yeah, 100 cha is going to be fine. I think people are right about cha not being that important except for lulling, which is pretty rarely needed. I used to keep a couple pieces of cha gear on me...then I banked them for months...then I got rid of them. :P
Old 09-27-2016, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The AE mez song is intended to actually stop working as you level up. It's intended to be replaced by the level 27 Crission's Pixie Strike.

See this thread for more.

And yeah, 100 cha is going to be fine. I think people are right about cha not being that important except for lulling, which is pretty rarely needed. I used to keep a couple pieces of cha gear on me...then I banked them for months...then I got rid of them. :P
How long is the AE mezz good for then? Just curious, as I seen lvl 35-39 bards using it in MM still.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long is the AE mezz good for then? Just curious, as I seen lvl 35-39 bards using it in MM still.
Hm!! I wouldn't know. I stopped using it in groups because I was on Red. Hehehehehe
Old 09-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hm!! I wouldn't know. I stopped using it in groups because I was on Red. Hehehehehe
Lol, was probably fun for your groupmates. I'd've made a macro whenever I sang it to say something like "STOP FIGHTING!!! :c"