Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 02:14 PM
Banned

He wants us to funnel money into "trans-humanism". These dumbfucks believe that its possible to transport their consciousness into a digital signature lol.

Even if you're an athiest materialist/humanist, you have to concede "consciousness" is an emergent property of being an organic meatbag. So, even at the most godless fringe of science, consciousness is not transferable.

It's a complete and utter waste of money and a fantasy of pure techno-retards. "Step into my suicide booth, err, i mean, consciousness uploader!" So lost.
Last edited by Thorondor; 03-28-2019 at 02:17 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 02:21 PM
Banned

Calm down before your hypertension breaks a vein in your male Anus contributing to colon cancer and massive testicular atrophy due to the tax payer funded chemos.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calm down before your hypertension breaks a vein in your male Anus contributing to colon cancer and massive testicular atrophy due to the tax payer funded chemos.
Lol diving butthole first to defend ur transhimanist comrade? Step into my mind blender! I already invented the machine you're hoping for. Step on in!
Old 03-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He wants us to funnel money into "trans-humanism". These dumbfucks believe that its possible to transport their consciousness into a digital signature lol.
This isn't the full extent of "transhumanism". Another aspect is the use of medical science to augment and improve humans. For instance, the HRT which segued me from an aggressively sociopathic nihilist to a very nice and calm and far more economically productive human.

I do, actually, think making such therapies available to young people (youngens stand to benefit the most / experience the best results) is a fantastic investment. It is at least as sound as state investment into mental health services. It gets people interested in their own bodies and their presentation. In a good candidate, it kickstarts an aesthetic renaissance in the individual away from being a fat shit who smokes and toward a lifelong pursuit of fitness and pursuit of one's dream aesthetic. It grants people an agency over their own bodies and destinies which invites success. And it puts more pretty girls who enjoy traditional gender roles into the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if you're an athiest materialist you have to concede "consciousness" is an emergent property of being an organic meatbag. So, even at the most godless fringe of science, consciousness is not transferable.
Pretty retarded. There is nothing fundamentally organic about consciousness. It is an emergent electromagnetic system. An equivalent electromagnetic field can be generated by silicon.

Obviously, your personal experience would cease the moment your particular field-instance was terminated. But a perfect copy, be it conjured from silicon or organic matter or a thousand voices singing the right notes at a Tesla coil, of the emergent EM field your meat generates, equally sentient and equally human, would experience a continuous existence. It would experience your past, but you would not experience your future. It's the Star Trek transporter conundrum and I personally wouldn't get into one either. But you are an utter mongo for stating that consciousness can only exist in the medium of Earth-meat my dude.
Last edited by America; 03-28-2019 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

My point was you can’t steer resources towards a goal in an entirely command economy because there will be no excess resources. People buying useless shit like 100,000 cars assembled in BMW plants in South Carolina allow us to have surplus Dollars American to fund research

Hope this helps. Please don’t make decisions without first consulting your friendly neighborhood persian or Armenian
Old 03-28-2019, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't the full extent of "transhumanism". Another aspect is the use of medical science to augment and improve humans. For instance, the HRT which segued me from an aggressively sociopathic nihilist to a very nice and calm and far more economically productive human.

I do, actually, think making such therapies available to young people (youngens stand to benefit the most / experience the best results) is a fantastic investment. It is at least as sound as state investment into mental health services. It gets people interested in their own bodies and their presentation. In a good candidate, it kickstarts an aesthetic renaissance in the individual away from being a fat shit who smokes and toward a lifelong pursuit of fitness and pursuit of one's dream aesthetic. It grants people an agency over their own bodies and destinies which invites success. And it puts more pretty girls who enjoy traditional gender roles into the world.

Pretty retarded. There is nothing fundamentally organic about consciousness. It is an emergent electromagnetic system. An equivalent electromagnetic field can be generated by silicon.

Obviously, your personal experience would cease the moment your particular field-instance was terminated. But a perfect copy, be it conjured from silicon or organic matter or a thousand voices singing the right notes at a Tesla coil, of the emergent EM field your meat generates, equally sentient and equally human, would experience a continuous existence. It would experience your past, but you would not experience your future. It's the Star Trek transporter conundrum and I personally wouldn't get into one either.
How many angels fit on the head of a pin? Even if a digital emulation were possible, that is not "consciousness". "Consciousness" is the experiencer that is rooted at the base of the electochemical reactions it is not the pathways the electrochemical signals follow and it is intrinsically rooted in the organic being. Any attempt to trabsplant experiences would merely be an echo, if it were even that.
Last edited by Thorondor; 03-28-2019 at 02:35 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point was you can’t steer resources towards a goal in an entirely command economy because there will be no excess resources. People buying useless shit like 100,000 cars assembled in BMW plants in South Carolina allow us to have surplus Dollars American to fund research

Hope this helps. Please don’t make decisions without first consulting your friendly neighborhood persian or Armenian
It was everybody buying a Ford that built that developed America. Not a handful buying multiple Europeon sports cars.

We actively take money from the private economy -- right now -- and spend it on research. It's that research tends to be bombs, planes and ships we don't need.

We don't have to go all the way to command economy to redirect resources into more productive areas.

BTW not all rich are equal on a macro-scale. Some are just complete speculative leeches that should probably be taxed out of their line of work. Which was my point on the trail-lawyer quip.

The beautiful thing about truly talented wealth-seeking workaholics is they simply do whatever yields the most for them within the parameters you give them to function. If Wallstreet speculation paid less, less would do it.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 03-28-2019 at 02:42 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
How many angels fit on the head of a pin? Even if a digital emulation were possible, that is not "consciousness". "Consciousness" is the experiencer that is rooted at the base of the electochemical reactions it is not the pathways the electrochemical signals follow and it is intrinsically rooted in the organic being. Any attempt to trabsplant experiences would merely be an echo, if it were even that.
Dogshit gibberish soul talk. A perfect "echo" of a human consciousness embedded into a machine and provided equivalent inputs/outputs is clearly a sentient being. Imagine a silicon brain emulator strapped in to a farm-grown meat-suit which has all the same nerve outputs and inputs as a regular human body, but passed through a translation mechanism so that the appropriate field equivalent can be generated inside of the silicon. That entity has an experience indistinguishable from that of a normal human being.

Dissociating those inputs/outputs does not disable the sentience of the being. Therefore that emulated echo of a meat-consciousness trapped in a silicon prison, though it would have a bizarre experience, is a sentient and living being for so long as the electromagnetic transformations that occur in time in real space by biological means are properly emulated. Regardless of whether that being was endowed its existence by your God or by technology.
Last edited by America; 03-28-2019 at 02:45 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dogshit gibberish soul talk. A perfect "echo" of a human consciousness embedded into a machine and provided equivalent inputs/outputs is clearly a sentient being. Dissociating those inputs/outputs does not disable the sentience of the being. Therefore that emulated echo of a meat-consciousness trapped in a silicon prison, though it would have a bizarre experience, is a sentient and living being for so long as the electromagnetic transformations that occur in time in real space by biological means are properly emulated. Regardless of whether that being was endowed its existence by your God or by technology.
Blah blah blah
Old 03-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to be a cyborg, I only need my brain.

I want 100% metal body so I never get tired or need rest. I want to live forever.
Fuck yeah, bro! And pop tarts!
Closed Thread