Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you do as much as I do you come back to me and tell me if you got 72hrs to sit and stare at snow. It’s not about being entitled it’s the sheer fact of I just don’t have that kind of time to sit.
And that's why the afk thing is allowed.... *facepalm* if you really don't want to put forth the effort to get it done, you really don't need the item. Park your toon at the camp, stay logged in, set an alarm, and go do something else outside the game! Read a book! Work on guild stuff! Plan raids! Bullshit with friends via tells... there's a ton of things to do while waiting for your pop.... don't forget about /gems

Edit: as an after thought, you could be a real nice guy and buff / help lower levels kill cougars while waiting... I feel this choice best shows the PNP spirit.
Last edited by Puluin; 02-14-2018 at 02:17 PM..
Old 02-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And that's why the afk thing is allowed.... *facepalm* if you really don't want to put forth the effort to get it done, you really don't need the item. Park your toon at the camp, stay logged in, set an alarm, and go do something else outside the game! Read a book! Work on guild stuff! Plan raids! Bullshit with friends via tells... there's a ton of things to do while waiting for your pop.... don't forget about /gems
You are very much right or I could just swing around with the plat I’ve been earning for this camp and buy it from the person that wants to sit there non stop to sell it to me.

What’s the point in making all this plat if I can’t spend it. It does no good sitting in the bank unless they want to implement interest saving accounts. I’m sorry you don’t have plat to spend but I do and I value my time into plat.

As I’ve said I don’t have 72hrs of my life to give up. You might and gratz sell me the LRs or gtfo so I can find someone more willing.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Kobold

BUT.... you are NOT giving up 72 hours of your life.... the window is 2 hours, if you set an alarm.... oh look! you only need to pay attention for 2 hours... for the rest of the time figure out something positive to do.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM said 5 minutes the fair amount of time so it doesn't fucking matter what you think. Enjoy eating a ban next time you want to be a dick
This. If it's a camp with multiple mobs and all mobs are fully respawned, take it all. Maintaining a presence and all of that, as per the rules. For a single target mob, /con, /time, /tell the camper "clock is running", screenshot, and drop the nuke on the mob at 5:30 if stalling is happening with a fresh /con, /time screenshot taken. My policy on the subject from here on out.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time = money

This simple statement is true inside and outside of p99, I suggest you accept it or quit worrying about how others choose to spend their time.
That is soulcrushingly depressing to hear though but sure if people approach P99 the same way as wasting away in an office cubicle they are of course free to do so. I mean, shit, to approach a game with the mentality "time is money."

I guess I should stop enjoying the game and focus on upping my plat farm. lolololol.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Puluin is living in a world that is not p99. Its fine to take this approach but don’t expect everyone to agree with your choice.

Time = money

This simple statement is true inside and outside of p99, I suggest you accept it or quit worrying about how others choose to spend their time.
More like I'm a decent person that understands greed doesn't bring joy or happiness.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

The argument you have to earn it yourself and that you want others to do the same is ridiculous. Look at this situation if it was in real life.

You have a job. You work in an office, or in a factory, or whatever. After your work day of 8 hours (or so), you go to the super market on the way home to grab some food. This trip takes about 30 minutes. When you park, suddenly some crazy ass hippies ambush you and yelling how you aren't earning your food and that you have to spend the time to farm and hunt it yourself.

If they want to live on a farm and spend ALL their time just growing food to eat, thats fine and its their way of life. But its ridiculous to try and push their niche way of life n the vast majority of people.

Just because they're not spending 72 hours at a camp, doesn't mean they're not "earning" it. They've earned it (via paying plat for LR) by earning money doing something else. Its not like they just started the game and on their level 1 get loot rights.

The ALS playstyle is fine, but dont try to push that onto other players. I don't even like the MQ economy in general (shoot, I dont even get JBoots, I just get sow pots or traveler's boots on my chars) cause it breeds toxicity, but fair is fair in a buyer / seller market.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The argument you have to earn it yourself and that you want others to do the same is ridiculous. Look at this situation if it was in real life.

You have a job. You work in an office, or in a factory, or whatever. After your work day of 8 hours (or so), you go to the super market on the way home to grab some food. This trip takes about 30 minutes. When you park, suddenly some crazy ass hippies ambush you and yelling how you aren't earning your food and that you have to spend the time to farm and hunt it yourself.

If they want to live on a farm and spend ALL their time just growing food to eat, thats fine and its their way of life. But its ridiculous to try and push their niche way of life n the vast majority of people.

Just because they're not spending 72 hours at a camp, doesn't mean they're not "earning" it. They've earned it (via paying plat for LR) by earning money doing something else. Its not like they just started the game and on their level 1 get loot rights.

The ALS playstyle is fine, but dont try to push that onto other players. I don't even like the MQ economy in general (shoot, I dont even get JBoots, I just get sow pots or traveler's boots on my chars) cause it breeds toxicity, but fair is fair in a buyer / seller market.
Why are you playing everquest if you treat it like a job? I feel that completely defeats the purpose of a video game.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you playing everquest if you treat it like a job? I feel that completely defeats the purpose of a video game.
I guess the reading comprehension is lost on you, and you can't relate similar matters without them being exactly the same.

Why would you spend your time in a game, on something boring, monotonous, and not making any money or benefits (until the end), when you could have fun doing something else, which in the long run, nets you enough money to buy the item you would have had to camped like a job, plus you have profits from xp/farming for 72 hours instead of sitting on an island catching snowflakes on your tongue.

If anything, you earn it more by actively making plat than just sitting in a pool of ice and water for hours on end.

(also, in terms of previous post about afk camping, thats for when you're actually killing / looting / doing something in the game while YOU do not make any input. Just holding a spot with timer for you to check in and press auto attack is fine. What would not be fine is having a third party macro that spams a pet attack on a mob which would kill mob for you while youre afk.)
Old 02-14-2018, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at this situation if it was in real life.
It isn't. Stop.

I mean, let's look at real life as if it was Everquest. If you walk up to someone and kill them and start shouting loudly if anyone want to buy their stuff before the corpse rot you'd go to jail or worse.

Also, if you want to gain the affection of someone do not try and start killing people who might not like them for faction.

Also, do not try and feign death at banks to improve your chances.
Closed Thread