Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Can’t decide Druid, Necro or Ench on Teal

So I’m giving Teal a try and having a very hard time deciding what to go with. I know I want to play a class that can solo well because that will be the bulk of my limited playtime. However, when possible I’d like to get into some groups especially in Kunark and Velious as well as raiding TOV. I have played Druid, Necro, Enchanter, Clr, Sk, PAL, Rog and Monk to high lvl on live, but here it’s a whole different animal. Those were usually either with a duo (ench/dru) or full out box team. I was pretty good with ench and charming, but the pet taking xp and targeting issues kills how I was charming on live. So I have no idea which way to go?? Any advise from experience led p99 players?
Old 11-18-2019, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

None of those are really "omg we need some more of you for our guild raids" classes.

Chanter is most reliant on charm so if you don't want to charm much, they're a poor choice. They're probably also the least needed in raids given the large numbers of them on green and teal compared to the 2-4 you need for a raid.

Necro and druid don't have huge raid rolls (puller for necro maybe?), but both are versatile soloers. Druid versatility helps groups/guilds more I guess, with ports being great in classic and kunark and heal potential in raids. Necro gets the edge for solo in dungeons since they have options not requiring animals or outdoor-only spells?

/shrug
Old 11-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My other option would be Bard or SK. Bard would be the better soloer, but so much work.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

If you've played each on live then you know the basics of each class. I would pick the style you like best

ENC is very strong at both solo (via charm) and grouping (via charm dps and cc). Easy to find a group (aside from there being a ton of them). Once you get an instant invis clicky (kunark) it makes charm solo QoL a bit nicer. End game raids you are mostly buffing, with some occasional CC work in the planes.

Necro solos well, and does fine in groups. They can do a little of everything. On raids you are primarily feeding mana to healers.

Druid also solos well, especially outdoors. In a group they can heal ok in a pinch and have some decent buffs, but are not really sought after. Ports are awesome. Druid is a popular 1st character to get to know the game before switching to something else.

Any of those classes do fine without much gear which is nice for a 1st char.
Last edited by ajdes; 11-18-2019 at 09:37 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Bards are also the most valued option you've listed so far for raids. Their resist songs and regen/mana songs are unmatched. They're usually liked in groups for their CC, mana regen and healing, and pulling potential. They can solo in different ways though perhaps not super amazingly fast since the changes to AOE songs for the early-on of green/teal.

SKs may have a pulling or trash tanking role in raids but are gonna be just DPS on bosses.

Both of these are low population on green and blue, though there probably won't be a "shortage" of SKs. Might be one of bards for raiding guilds though. I don't know why you wouldn't want one for every group when fighting dragons and stuff like that.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-18-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Druid such a boring raid class
Old 11-18-2019, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

<3 mah necro
Old 11-18-2019, 11:22 PM
Banned

ENC is alot better than the other 2 classes

All 3 are relatively insignificant raid classes
Old 11-18-2019, 11:41 PM
Kobold

If raw power is your thing, Enchanter sounds like the way to go.

Druid has the power of the port and sow and is just versatile and good at soloing.

Necros are soloing machines, have cool skelly pets, and have feign death for when the shit hits the fan.

Pick the one that sounds most fun to you!
Old 11-19-2019, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Chanters and Druids greatly outpopulate Necros if that's of any significance to ya
Closed Thread