Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 10:58 PM
Large Bat

Default Does enchanter Illusion: Tree grant hp regen like Druid's Treeform?

Does enchanter Illusion: Tree grant hp regen like Druid's Treeform or is it just for show?

I've heard yes and no but would appreciate it if someone with an enchanter could try it out and confirm. If the regen is added even while standing then I think it should be obvious to see on a tick.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

The enchanter tree illusion doesn't have a regen component like treeform. It might have been a logical outcome since its an illusion and from a lore perspective the druid spell actually turns you into a tree.. But then Illusion troll exists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and that comes with 1hp per tick.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:10 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then Illusion troll exists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and that comes with 1hp per tick.
That's interesting... does Illusion: Iksar give the same regen? I wonder if it applies to the Iksar illusion mask, too.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Nope. Iksar illusion also does not grant regen. Otherwise encs would be too OP. Right?

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 01-03-2020, 12:50 AM
Banned

nope and not classic only troll you get a 2hp regen

moving to resolved or RnF
Old 01-03-2020, 12:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's interesting... does Illusion: Iksar give the same regen? I wonder if it applies to the Iksar illusion mask, too.
the mask gives no racial benefit
Old 01-03-2020, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither give regen. Only troll illusion.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope and not classic only troll you get a 2hp regen

moving to resolved or RnF
Its only 1. It also stacks with trolls natural regen if you could be a troll in troll illusion lol.. A situation that almost cant happen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2020, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Makes you wonder why some in this line of spells are even called Illusions and not Polymorph Self. Is illusion Troll tricking your own mind so hard that your cells start to regenerate? hmm
Old 01-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes you wonder why some in this line of spells are even called Illusions and not Polymorph Self. Is illusion Troll tricking your own mind so hard that your cells start to regenerate? hmm
Troll is the exception here aside from elementals too I guess.

I think druid forms are truly a polynorph in design.

Also by lore, those red nukes are used in place of a lot of interesting concepts. Clerics and Wizards use it as a representation of lightning and force shocks and smiting. Mages use it to represent shards of metal, knives, swords, etc being summoned and thrown at their enemies, and and enchanter represents the target believing its being attacked by an illusory thing (and the orange one represents them believing they are being stranged to death).

Its fun to think about what spells are actually supposed to be doing with minimal animations

Nothing tops a flute in your hand to represent a drum