Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is only one thing in the world worse than everquest, and that is everquest pvp.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

why can't red leave blue alone? sounds like they have anger issues
Old 03-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Kobold

I'd definitely play if there was more people. I played RZ my entire EQ life until here and even though I didn't gank random people, I still loved the added tenseness and always watching my back!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Kobold

Better exp and loot. MUCH better exp and loot. It's that simple. On a PVP server, PVP should be the main focus when you login. Trying to grind levels and play the loooong drawn out leveling game of classic Everquest COMPLETELY misses the point of a PVP server.

Leveling and gearing should always be a much lower priority for players on a PVP server.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

turn red pink (teams) is the only solution
Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Kobold

The central problem with red is that it wasn't classic to begin with.

Being able to loot items is the best way to alleviate groups of twinks with droppable gear (much of which is better than no drop) slaughtering newbies at a drop of a hat. In addition, no single twink is going to run around with a fungi on trying to kill a newb who just might have a couple, equally ungeared friends around willing to kill the twink with said fungi. If anything, item loot, will act as a deterrent. No-item-loot--in no way--acts as a deterrent from griefing.

If anything, xp loss in a pvp death is a deterrent to play on this server unless you have friends who can twink/pl you. Last, maintaining a +/- 4 level capacity to engage in pvp makes a lot more sense than the system that was put in place. After all, it is classic.

Your best bet is to wipe red and start over in complete classic form. People in Wudan on blue server wanted classic. When they didn't get it, they quit. I think a lot of people felt the same way, especially when all the system that was put in place did was incentivize griefing at will.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningbreath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to grind levels and play the loooong drawn out leveling game of classic Everquest COMPLETELY misses the point of a PVP server.
Apparently having 2-3 years of bonus XP and switching it off is fair on the new starters. Nilbog said he wished they'd put item loot in but couldn't do it now... imo the XP should remain at what it was by the same logic.

Good post though Morning, makes a lot of sense.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningbreath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling and gearing should always be a much lower priority for players on a PVP server.
With item loot, this is not the case. Gearing no drop gear becomes top priority then.
Closed Thread