Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Everquest in 2019
Old 12-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richco07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No drama in the guild, just the drama ensuing from your members repeatedly training (trained again they did today in HHK) other players.
Sits in the pull path.
Complains about getting trained.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sits in the pull path.
Complains about getting trained.
People camping in your desired pull path doesn't mean that you aren't responsible for the mobs you're pulling. If you want to pull over/past people, you need to get sufficient aggro to not train them. (unless they just showed up, that's on them)
Old 12-24-2019, 08:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People camping in your desired pull path doesn't mean that you aren't responsible for the mobs you're pulling. If you want to pull over/past people, you need to get sufficient aggro to not train them. (unless they just showed up, that's on them)
Sorry but the GMs have already sided with the puller in this case. It almost always occurs with captain boshinko and there is no way to get enough agro to avoid him agroing someone who is sitting. Sit agro is broken on this server.

If you sit in that main hallway on the first floor of Highkeep, your going to get trained. And it’s your own fault.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:42 AM
Kobold

What confuses me most of all is that people VOLUNTEER to be GMs here. It was a terrible job when they got paid for it. If you offered zombie Mother Theresa the job of volunteer GMing in P99, that dear sweet saint of a lady would literally say "FUCK NO, I wouldn't have put up with that shit alive and I may be dead and eating brains but for fuck's sake I was never THAT stupid".

I mean, kudos to all of you and we're all extremely thankful that you offer your time to mediate all of the endless arguments while still managing find time to help the rest. You're racking up so many Selfless Good points that you could run over people every couple of weeks and whatever gods that you believe in would say eh, no biggie. You'd sure as shit go to jail, but the big guys would still have your back.

But, you know, seriously... have you had a CT or PET scan in the last year? I'm thinking maybe benign tumor up in the frontal lobes putting pressure on the judgment centers.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

The funny thing is Boshinko is a completely different camp from Nobles, I don’t see how pulling him through another person is kosher it sets a really bad precedent but highkeep is a special zone. Being responsible for your own trains is a clear cut rule...However,it’s not hard to communicate with the people who are camping Fulton and others camping blayle bc you will be pulling through those lower lvl camps each and every time you pull boshinko. Just make a macro that sends them a tell “Hey pulling Boshinko please stand for 15 seconds to avoid social sit aggro.” You will then prevent training them, and build a nice rapport of not being an ass clown.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:34 AM
Banned

Sit aggro should be a little higher imo

Works pretty well tho

Gotta stand when mobs are around or in camp

EQ 101
Old 12-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t see how pulling him through another person is kosher it sets a really bad precedent but highkeep is a special zone. Being responsible for your own trains is a clear cut rule.
Being responsible for your mobs is the old rule. The new one is to not stand in the pull spot.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being responsible for your mobs is the old rule. The new one is to not stand in the pull spot.
You mean not SIT in the pull spot. Standing is fine and boshinko will follow no problem. But there is no amount of agro you can generate that will avoid him aggroing a person that is sitting.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:32 PM
Kobold

Doesn't seem normal to me that the pull from mob spawn point to your camp spot, should be directly through someone else's camp spot. I'm confessing my ignorance of Highkeep camps, but can't think of an analogous situation in other zones. Why not kill him in his room?

Like pulling from Frenzy room past a group camping Sentinel? Pulling Hag Tower downstairs past the Fireplace group? Pulling from the CB tower out past TR group?
Closed Thread